Need help with dining area
hanoof83
Any suggestions what to do with this space ? What type of curtains ? I was thinking of turning this area into a dining room
latifeh
Area rug if you can add different chandelier to go with a round table other wise oval will be fine but not perfect .for the window treatment I prefer panels more elegant specially with your floor
March 28, 2013 at 3:45pm     
Designer's Choice Interiors
To create intimacy in this large space, I would recommend a sleek and simple custom upholstered banquette that would follow the bay profile of the windows. A large round rug in a light color, yet textured, could be placed on the floor in front of the banquette. Then add dark round table and chairs with a dramatic base. Drop a large chandelier to 30" high above the table top
March 28, 2013 at 3:57pm     
Designer's Choice Interiors
I'm trying to embed a photo for you. Also, I would add decorative accent pillows to the banquette that would incorporate color and pattern.
March 28, 2013 at 4:00pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
This idea on a much larger scale and more formal if you like. I'll send some table and chair ideas, as well.
March 28, 2013 at 4:16pm     
hanoof83
I love this ! Any suggestions on what colors would go with the blue wall and light flooring? Thanks
March 28, 2013 at 4:19pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Table Idea
March 28, 2013 at 4:20pm   
DIAspoton
go to browse dining rooms. key in "round dining room" and use the quotation marks. see p 4, 5, 6, etc for nice examples. sorry i have no idea how to move the pics from there back here
March 28, 2013 at 4:24pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Just checked out your idea book and it seems as if you like moorish tile and ikat inspired patterns, so perhaps upholster the banquet in a neutral with velvet-like texture, then add a combination of grey-patterned linen texture fabrics and bold royal purple or turquoise blue silk textured fabric in accent pillows. I would keep the chairs seats neutral as well, and then add the strong accent color in your lighting over the table. Really, any accent color would be beautiful, if you stay neutral and just add texture between the neutral elements.
March 28, 2013 at 4:28pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Chair Idea
March 28, 2013 at 4:33pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Chandelier
March 28, 2013 at 4:40pm     
Designer's Choice Interiors
Not sure of the size on this chandelier, but you have the idea.
March 28, 2013 at 4:41pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Another chair idea that would work well with this table and a rug idea.
March 28, 2013 at 4:55pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
The finish on the chair could be dark like the table with light upholstery fabric. The shape of rug would be round, of course.
March 28, 2013 at 4:58pm   
Banquette is great idea but will block off lower windows - better for area with wall only. Use a round table and chairs instead. Hang rods with adjustable angled connectors and hang panels between windows - you need softness and texture and sound help in this modern style home.
March 28, 2013 at 5:09pm     
Designer's Choice Interiors
Sheer roman shades like the ones pictured above, would be lovely. If you needed privacy at night, they could be lined but would still impart an airy and soft feeling to the space.
March 28, 2013 at 5:09pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
The lower portion of the window is segmented and with proper design of the banquette it will appear built in, if the seat back height falls at the perfect spot. Even from an exterior view, it will look terrific. The added upholstery in the room, along with an area rug will serve you well in insulating against sound. By the look of the room, you can have a rather deep seat to this feature.
March 28, 2013 at 5:18pm   
reginafalange
Gosh, I'm with libradesigneye. I wouldn't cover the windows with a banquette; it defeats the purpose of the full-length windows. A dark wood round table, a rug, and panels between the windows would be stunning.
March 28, 2013 at 5:45pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
March 28, 2013 at 6:31pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
This was the photo I had such a hard time embedding earlier. If you like, you could certainly still do panels to the floor, as suggested. It would be a freestanding banquette, that likely, based on the size of the windows, would be three sectional wedge pieces.
March 28, 2013 at 6:36pm   
bevballew
I agree. Drapery Panels ceiling to floor in between windows. I am not a fan of built in seating. That is something for you to decide.
March 28, 2013 at 6:40pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
I regret sending the first photo, which was built-in. It was the closest to style and color of the photo I was having trouble sending.
March 28, 2013 at 6:55pm   
I'd suggest pic 1 below but since your view is not so great, I'd put translucent fabric romans on the windows too.
Show House- Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles Christmas House 2008 Kathy Bloodworth
March 28, 2013 at 7:00pm     
Staged for Perfection
What a lovely space! I love one of the dining rooms you posted in your ideabook:
March 28, 2013 at 7:18pm     
bevballew
Love,the above pics! I vote for pic one.
March 28, 2013 at 7:27pm   
AID Community
Hi,
we would like to show you how we think your area would look as a dining room; Please check the attached photo.
looking forward for your comments!
For more info. please check this video:

AID - Affordable Interior Design
www.facebook.com/AIDonline
March 29, 2013 at 3:32am     
hanoof83
Hi AID,

The house is very modern and so I was looking to have the space a little more modern then what you posted?
March 29, 2013 at 10:30am   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Ran across another photo of the idea I suggested.
March 30, 2013 at 12:27pm     
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Its hard looking with all that dry wall and windows so you need great drapes. I'd hang them all the way from the top of the dry wall. The clear glass chandelier is doing anything fo the space in front of all those windows . Its also hung to high? The drapes above, not covering the windows but the dry wall like shown in Designers Choice Interiors is correct. I like the idea of a banquet but not sure its curved enough to do so. I like something like this table: http://www.bernhardt.com/product.php?sku=335-777,%20335-776%20§ion=&subsection=DRitems
March 30, 2013 at 12:49pm   
This is also a nice table.....http://www.bernhardt.com/product.php?sku=336-771/336-773&page=diningroom
I like the idea of a light that is more sculptural: http://www.lightology.com/index.php?module=prod_detail&prod_id=54154&cat_id=11
March 30, 2013 at 12:50pm     
Not sure how high your ceiling is....but but love this too: http://www.lightology.com/index.php?module=prod_detail&prod_id=84829&cat_id=11
March 30, 2013 at 12:56pm     
Interiors International, Inc.
Bigger more dramatic chandelier and a clean lined dining table with chairs that are done in a great bold fabric
March 30, 2013 at 12:59pm   
March 30, 2013 at 1:51pm     
hanoof83
Any suggestions on what kind of drapes would go with the round modern table look ?
March 30, 2013 at 2:33pm   
Just like the ones shown above in the bay. Don't cover the windows....if you do, do a sheer roman or a woven roman shade to soften all that architecture. Check out the website for conrad shades...go to the designerline pics. They are sheer yet soften the ugliness of all the framing. https://www.google.com/search?q=conrad+shades+designerline&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hFpXUeLeL6KTyQHx_4DgAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1384&bih=1000

Also make sure you use a solid fabric with a great hand that drapes nicely. Wool drapes better than anything and hang totally straight. Dont use a silk. That would be in appropriate for this home. And silk flares out and doesn't hold up to heat or sun. It fades. A wool crepe does well.....certain linens drape well too.
March 30, 2013 at 2:35pm     
hanoof83
That and roman panels , like this ? Will this work for the panels ? Or is it too much ? I want the place to look complete and elegant without losing the view?
March 30, 2013 at 2:47pm   
Design By Pisces
i like the above pictures and agree to hang curtains from top to the floor .
March 30, 2013 at 3:03pm     
bevballew
Gorgeous!
March 30, 2013 at 3:25pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Is this a silk? I agree with CMR Interiors on weight of fabric for the length of panels. You could have them interlined to help with the draping. Are you thinking of using the solid gray? I recommend that you do. The stripe would make up beautifully as the roman shade.
March 30, 2013 at 4:27pm     
bevballew
I have silk drapes lined and they lay beautifully. They are soft and luxurious so I am confused why it would be discouraged. Other posts suggest silk drapes.
March 30, 2013 at 5:18pm   
Designer's Choice Interiors
Not discouraging silk drapes, just indicating that, at such a length, they will hang much nicer with interlining. Most custom silk drapes are interlined, usually a layer of flannel between lining and silk, to prevent them from flaring out at the sides along bottom hem. Darker colors will also fade easily because of natural dye and a natural fiber, so darker silk drapes work best with another layer(e.g. sheers) behind them to filter light. This is what CMR Interiors was pointing out in their earlier post.
March 30, 2013 at 6:11pm   
bevballew
Gotcha! Was confused! Thank you for explaining. Learned something. Appreciate the explanation.
March 30, 2013 at 7:56pm   
hanoof83
Thank you for all the wonderful advice will post pics soon of the space after its done.
March 31, 2013 at 12:32pm   
bevballew
I think your room is very lovely. I love the charcoal gray if you want to change the wall color. If not I would suggest a new fixture, the drum style, and either add a bright color to complement the picture or remove the picture and go with either a mirror or soft artwork as above. Remove the container In the hallway. I like the shelving but I am no designer.
March 31, 2013 at 7:09pm   
bevballew
Oops. Wrong post. Not sure how this happened. Sorry!
March 31, 2013 at 7:10pm   
tcufrog
There are some lovely suggestions posted but since you want to showcase the view I'd go with a more airy decorating scheme. For chairs I'd choose this more modern version of the ghost chair: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Scape-Acrylic-Translucent-Chair/7154883/product.html.

For the table here is a splurge option: http://www.zincdoor.com/p/Jonathan-Adler-Nixon-Marble-and-Nickel-Dining-Table__JA9698.aspx?SSAID=144212&gclid=CJTV9OC9qLYCFaiiPAodBQoAHA . It will add some sparkle and elegance plus keep the open feel. This website has some less expensive options: http://www.eurway.com/modern-dining-table.html
March 31, 2013 at 8:14pm   
Cheery Curtains
Hope these curtain designs will give you some inspirations.
April 1, 2013 at 3:42am   
need help for dividing living area and dining area...!
In my home both dining area and living area are on...
need help with a long-narrow living/dining area
I will be moving into an apartment with a long-narrow...
Need help with ceiling in kitchen/dining area!!
I will have 9' ceilings and as of right now we have...
Need help! Empty space in between living hall and dining area?
Hi, I am in dilemma what to do with that 7 to 8 ft...
Victorian 3rd floor renovation
I have a 1904 victorian home that has a floored 3rd...
I would love some fabulous ideas for this potentially adorable shed.
I am going with a french patio, and the next thing...
Fave winter recipe?
What is your go-to meal when the weather gets as chilly?...
Curb appeal-less
Hate the curb appeal. It would be great to save a...
Redoing kitchen for resale--white? Which granite?
We are putting our townhome up for sale. Kitchen is...