Keep or remove off center tile buttons?
ronnamandel
We were supposed to have a deck all the way around our drop-in tub, but it was installed almost next to window wall (leaving no deck on that side) because either the contractor or plumber miscalculated the proper location for the rough in. Now the spout is too close to wall and the tiles around it look odd/off center. Would it call less attention to the fact that things are not aligned if we had the tiler remove the white buttons? What would you do?
nataliekarj
Yeah, I think it would look better without them.
March 28, 2013 at 7:24PM   
Louanne O
Nothing, distract by adding beautiful fittings.
March 28, 2013 at 7:26PM   
ronnamandel
Am intrigued ... what do you mean by fittings?
March 28, 2013 at 7:28PM   
sugarcakes2
Oh, that is awful. I would be more concerned that now you have a crud catching groove all around two sides of the tub that will be hard to clean and prone to mold. The tile still looks all right.
March 28, 2013 at 7:43PM   
lastplace
If you paid full pop for this renovation, have them redo it properly
March 28, 2013 at 7:56PM     
Louanne O
Add a beautiful tub spout and and handle , it'll distract from the wall.
March 28, 2013 at 9:14PM   
caitiekay
They need to place the valves and tub in the correct location and redo the tile. You shouldn't have to pay them for the fix or the replacement tile/deck slab material. It looks like the plumber installed the valves incorrectly and then the contractor built the deck around the wrong placement. If the general contractor hired the plumber who placed the valves too close to the window, the contractor is responsible for fixing it. If you hired the plumber separately, then the plumber needs to pay for the fix. I hope you haven't paid them already. If you have any money that you haven't paid, then hold off on payment until they fix it.
March 28, 2013 at 9:27PM   
HI -- Yes ,remove the little white tiles ,they are not needed ,... it is kind of an out of date feature , I think. Have you voiced your unhappyness to your contractor about how things have turned out ? Speak now !
March 28, 2013 at 9:28PM   
Not good, I can imagine sitting the the bath and looking at those off-set tiles and fuming - each time! It painful to remove a tile job after it has just been done, but believe me once you make the decision, it is so worth it. Get it right the first time, but if you don't, make sure you get it right the second time!
March 28, 2013 at 11:50PM   
Ed
As someone once told me, this is the kind of thing that later your realtor may label as "having character." Please update us about the resolution and more photos of the progress. Good luck.
March 29, 2013 at 12:03AM   
Buffet turned into an island
I really like how my project turned out. Just seems...
Looking for someting to go on the wall in my dining room
Looking for something that does not compete with the...
Need help with cedar wrap on support beams
My contractor talked me out of solid cedar and recommended...
Driveway appeal
I just finished pressure watching my driveway and would...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...