Kitchen island top
dmdevaughn
I went with some of your suggestions on my galley kitchen. I replaced my frig for a counter depth side by side and had an island built for the end of the kitchen. Now I need a top and ran into a problem with Lowes saying I needed a minimum order of 25 sq ft. If a solid top is too expensive because of it's dimensions (47" X 26") would a tiled top be wise?
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
Go to a local fabricator, they have remnants left from other kitchens, etc. I'm sure you will find something you like. Big box stores boxed you in.
1 Like   March 28, 2013 at 8:51PM
Twisted Minds Custom Designs
As Norm stated most times big box stores are restricted by minimum order quotas, even when they aren't you can usually find a local supplier/contractor to supply you with what you need for the same or even better price. Shop local, support your neighbors.
0 Likes   March 28, 2013 at 8:58PM
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
Absolutely, the big box stores have a starting price per square foot, then when they are done adding for every little detail it becomes higher priced than a local fabricator.
2 Likes   March 28, 2013 at 9:03PM
dmdevaughn
What is the best material without the highest price? No laminate. I think I have something like corean in the kitchen. I won't be putting hot objects on it.
0 Likes   March 28, 2013 at 9:46PM
Ed
We're installing Corian for all bathroom and kitchen counter tops. Please post photos of your progress, good luck.
0 Likes   March 28, 2013 at 10:13PM
dmdevaughn
will do when the island is brought up to the kitchen. It is being built in the garage. I have a corian countertop with speckles called river rock. I thought I would go different on the island. With it being at the end of the kitchen and into the dining room with fireplace and TV, I thought I would go darker so it would kind of disappear instead of standing out. Going with oak stain.
0 Likes   March 28, 2013 at 10:20PM
I have a very small pantry cabinet. i want to add drawers
I WANT TO TAKE OUT THE SHELVES IN MY PANTRY CABINET...
catinlap
white thermofoil kitchen cabinets
my cabinets are BRIGHT white thermofoil. It's too...
whiteykitchen
Need advice for wall color in my kitchen! Help!
I am renting in Boston and I am on a very tight budget...
kanoodle
Tile choices for Mediterranean Revival style bathroom
I am trying to renovate a bathroom in this Mediterranean...
pamstamey
need help with a outside dead wall
We are almost finished building our new house and we...
kevinhitge