What size rug?
Caz Gee
Hi,
We've just purchased a new table sized 2.4m length by 1.2m width (7.8ftx3.9 ft, apparently).

We want to place it on a rug, partly to protect the laminate flooring beneath it. What size should I be looking for? I think we may have to have a custom sized rug made. I'd appreciate any advice. (Will try to find a pic of the table and the space)
Thanks, Caz from Oz
Caz Gee
http://www.generationbg.com.au/our_homes/2

This is the space.. It is currently a display home so the furniture will be going. Obviously it is hard to tell with the fish eye lens but it will be in the rear end of the room where the smaller table currently is. The table that is there is about 1.5 m, so our table is about half as big again.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 12:54AM
Caz Gee
Sorry I can't work out how to it comments... And the link didn't work but the home is the Ashley 30 and the pictures are of the house as it is currently.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 12:55AM
The Scarab
We find that the best size is 1.5 to 2 feet beyond the table. That way the dining chairs don't get hooked up on the rug when people pull chairs in and out. So maybe a 6x10 or a little under. This size is not too difficult to find in the handmade rug world. I would be happy to post some options in that size frame. What sort of style are you going for? Traditional? Contemporary? Transitional?
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 10:46AM
Caz Gee
Thanks for that, I think I have been looking for one a bit larger than that, maybe 8x10 ( not sure because we work in metric) . Haven't yet decided on a style. We will have to have two rugs in the space, one under the table and one in the lounge area (open plan living/ dining), so I was thinking plain and neutral for under the table. Thanks for the offer to provide links but since I am in Australia, probably not relevant
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 2:57PM
The Scarab
Well I am happy to search for you if you like. We ship rugs all over the world, or I can just help you with ideas. I am here to assist!
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 12:21PM
Please help me with my wall and table colours.
The pillow fabrics have been placed where they'll go....
glynny
Furniture placement dilemma
We live in a log home built in 1859 and because of...
boomer52275
White painted brick
We are building a "Southern French" house that will...
jimbo5359
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
What style is this home?
Just purchased this home, needs updating .Possible...
Renee Robinson