Kitchen/dining room floor
susanph44
Help! My kitchen is almost ready (so no pics yet). We chose cherry cabinets, black appliances (black sink too) and Bianca antico for the countertops. I have included a pic of the dining room. The table is marble with a stone base. there are cherry beams on the ceiling. We opened the wall between the kitchen and dining and I would like to tie the rooms together using the same floor covering. I'm thinking my floor needs to have some black? Don't think I can stand on tile and have a large dog so cork is probably out too. Any ideas?
OnePlan
large black rug ?! be enough for chairs to sit on too ?!
March 29, 2013 at 12:35PM   
OnePlan
or pale rug with black and cherry accents ?!
March 29, 2013 at 12:36PM   
Are you redoing the tile? if so, you could use a black solid granite or marble tile? Poured concrete in black? How would you ever get a carpet underneath that table it looks so heavy
March 29, 2013 at 1:12PM   
susanph44
The table is built into the floor so it's not moving anywhere! I like the look of tile but am concerned about how hard it is to stand on but with all the natural materials in the house it seems like the best choice..
March 29, 2013 at 1:16PM   
susanph44
And yes.sorry...we are redoing the floor. It's original now..discolored but was probably beautiful in its day..heated and has marble in it.
March 29, 2013 at 1:17PM   
OnePlan
Was looking at it on my phone before !! Oh yeah - that's far too solid to move !!
March 29, 2013 at 2:33PM   
SweetRemodel.com
Awesome table! With dark cabinets, dark tabletop and black appliances, I think black on the floor might be too heavy. Maybe just as an accent or trim?

If you want to enjoy the benefits of tile in the kitchen, you could put some kitchen mats on top in the areas you stand the most.

But tile does not look awesome in the dining room. In our house we have a similar layout with cherry cabinets and we used a brown tile in the kitchen that stopped at the edge of the kitchen area with a transition to hardwood floor in the dining room. It came out really well.
March 29, 2013 at 2:55PM     
susanph44
Thanks...I didn't think about putting different floors in the two rooms or the thought that tile may not look good in the dining room. I definitely don't want an all black tile just something lighter that has some black in it...to pick up on the bianco antico and Nero marquina.
March 30, 2013 at 5:23AM   
Need help on my kitchen/dining room/ living room flooring ideas
We are commencing a very extensive remodel of a 1968...
Kitchen/dining room floor considerations
Confused about which flooring to choose for my kitchen/dining....
need help deciding on flooring for kitchen/dining room open floorpan
building new home with open floor from the living area...
Flooring for kitchen/dining room
Our home is very old (100+ years.). We are doing a...
Kitchen/Dining Room - Wooden or Tile Floor
We're getting our kitchen designed along the line of...
Need help: what sort of lounge do I use?
I need to buy a new lounge suit for a brand new built...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
kitchen wood compatibility
I am renovating my kitchen. I like the classic look;...
Dark paint problem
I have painted our music studio a dark grey recently...