need colour advice
Shari Nelson
March 29, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have bought a very small 2 bedroom raised bungalow(retirement home eventually) which I have just started to paint: pale yellow in living room, darker yellow with white beadboard in kitchen and a pale green in master bedroom. Trim will all be white semi-gloss (no tint). What colours should I use for furniture and accessories, given that I have several black cats and one beige one? Getting ri9d of them is NOT an option.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K B
Trying to link this discussion. Sounds like microfiber material with a pattern (charcoal and light gray)? And a nice size scratching post for the cats. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/furniture/msg0417491512605.html
1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 6:01PM
latifeh
I don't think the color matters as much as the type of fabric so ill go with leather and with your wall colors all leather colors will look nice
1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 6:01PM
susanmitch
Cat hair will stick to microfiber-- if you go with fabric be sure to treat the fabric with scotchguard it will help repel the hair.
1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 6:06PM
K B
I thought leather too until I read the link above. It states that leather is a very bad idea with cats. Goto browse rooms, all rooms or living room, then products, search "microfiber furniture," lots of ideas: (added the table bc I think it's very multi-functional, so might be good for a small bungalow). Feedback?
.Handy Living Tahoe Gray Microfiber Convertible Sofa with Plaid Pillows
Bradstreet Microfiber Slipper Chair Set
Occa Coffee Table
2 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 6:09PM
Shari Nelson
Thanks for the ideas. Think I'll go for the microfiber couch. Looks really nice. I'm not so worried about the scratching as I am about a colour that won't show too much cat hair.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 6:12PM
libradesigneye
Putty grays rather than charcoal grays - closer to mid-tone, the better they will mask.
1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 6:23PM
PRO
ASVInteriors
Putty greys with a pale yellow wall will be an unusual colour combination. By the way, I have a cat with microfibre furniture and no problem - I just use a lightly damp cloth to wipe off the hairs and away they go. I also have a PB sofa with cotton covers that I can wash (as the cat tends to come in on wet day and settle herself on the backset cushions!)
1 Like   March 30, 2013 at 3:49AM