What would you do??
angiesur
Narrow living space looking into "den/dining" and the entry way. On other side of kitchen is hearth room and sunroom. Should I start w/ paint or lighting?
angiesur
This is view from my entry.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 6:48PM
ayg1123
Start with lighting. It will change any paint color you would have chosen so get the cozy look you want with creative lighting then move on to coating the walls with color.
2 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 6:55PM
angiesur
Ceiling is 12' at tallest point in living and kitchen. How do I fill the space? Should I paint a wide band of color near the ceiling to marry the bridge/plant ledge??!
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 7:10PM
angiesur
This is my floor plan. Thank you for any ideas/input that you can share! We've been here a year and I cannot pull this blank canvas together!! I want some great fabric/color... Love greens, yellow and turquoise/blues. My past style/ decor leans toward wrought iron, scroll, fleur de lis and topiaries... BUT how do I blend in the cleaner lines, drum shades, cooler colors (white & black accents) that I radiate towards today?!
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 7:25PM
Dan Daugherty
Creative Lighting first would certainly be the best starting point. Custom lights can be created for the high ceiling spaces. If simpler lighting is desired, custom Wall sculpture can be a great way to utilize large wall spaces. I think a vine either metal sculpture, plastic or live would look terrific coming from a pot on the floor up to the Beams and shelves The sculpted or otherwise vines will blend the lines well.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 7:28PM
chrisroh
You have a wonderful paint idea in your sofa pillows. I have seen houses set up like this and every room was painted a variation of color. It actually looked very good. For example, the kitchen area would be one color, the living another and the study a complementary color. You have some high areas over the kitchen cabinets that may need a bigger artwork.
1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 7:36PM
angiesur
Design advice needed!
Would you paint column AND bridge same color? Or highlight column only by adding trim/moulding or stacked stone??
0 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 4:56AM
ayg1123
It depends on your personal style. If you want a vast space and to highlight the openness then paint it all one color. If you prefer to highlight the columns and make them an architectural feature then stacked stone would be gorgeous. Customized scroll designs would be a fantastic art piece in the large open spaces above your columns. As far as blending styles, I would follow your current design aesthetic for the overall theme then use smaller pieces and accents from your previous design themes. For example, topiaries on either end of a table behind a couch would easily assimilate with drum shades and cleaner lines. Go with your gut!
0 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 2:24PM
Please help with my family room design
I have at least 3 dilemmas about this small family...
Fireplace - brick and cement
I would like to update my fireplace. Thinking I might...
Help with granite wall diagnosis and repair!
Happy Thanksgiving! There is this beautiful granite...
New wood floor color
Ok here are the wall color everywhere. Wood floor...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...