Dining table with leaves in both directions?
nma101
I'm looking for a dining table that can expand in both directions - a friend saw one, but can't remember where, so I know they exist somewhere! I'm guessing the leaves could hook on rather than slide out?. I've tried searching for various words ("Multi-dimensional table"?), but am coming up empty. Does any one know of one, or what a table like this would be called? Thanks for your help!
onthefence
I think I've seen these called extension tables. The only one I've seen in person had the leaves "plug in" to the ends of the table with long reinforced dowels.

Here is a photo of one here on the Houzz site. I've seen these at Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware and Zin Home. It looks like these are made a bit differently. It looks like the end cap pulls out and there are rods that support the leaf.

Most of the tables I've seen in this style are more rustic in style.

0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 11:17PM
Design Collective
Well with out knowing what your style is makes it hard to give suggestions however B&B Italia's Maxalto Collection has Omero 2009 that does just that. I would also suggest looking at company Kristalia as they specialize in tables that expand in unconventional ways.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 11:31PM
nma101
Thanks, I'll take a look at these! I'm not really too sure what my style is - I'd really just be happy to figure out how to search for tables that can become both wider AND longer, then I can see what my choices really are.
0 Likes   March 29, 2013 at 11:51PM
Please help me pick a rug!
Hey guys & Gals, I am having a really hard time...
New shower glass door hits the toilet
At time of measurement I was adamant that the door...
Building a custom home.... Any "must" haves/cool ideas...
Fireplace surround in need of help!
I need a cool modern design for my fireplace / TV wall...
How do I hide the neighbor's heater?
I had this brick built onto my wall and it extends...