Windows
Amy Stoddard
March 30, 2013 in Photo Questions
What brand/line of windows did you use? How is the interior finished? Painted wood?
McClellan Architects
Hi, The windows are Marvin Aluminum windows and are a dark bronze aluminum on the interior and exterior.
Thanks
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 9:20AM
Amy Stoddard
Thank you. "Marvin Ultimate" windows are spec'd for my project. Aluminum clad outside. Wood inside. Do they come with an aluminum interior? My understand is that I'd have to live with painted wood, which isn't really what I want.
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 10:11AM
McClellan Architects
It sounds like you are using a wood clad window which is a wood window with an aluminum cladding on the exterior. Typically you have an option to have a painted wood finish or clear wood finish for the interior of the window. We often use this type of window and they can look very nice.

The only way to get the aluminum interior is to use an all aluminum window. I'm not sure Marvin still carries these since they not longer meet energy code in California and Washington state. I know Fleetwood offers all aluminum windows but you may need to use triple pane depending on your location to meet energy codes.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 10:28AM
Amy Stoddard
Thank you. It does help. I'm in Michigan. I've been looking everywhere for premium windows and I just don't see aluminum inside and out. Too bad, because the low lustre and ease of cleaning is optimal.
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 10:31AM
lewis + smith
Marlin in Spokane make an aluminum triple glazed window that is code compliant in WA. state.
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 2:14PM
Amy Stoddard
Thanks, Lewis + Smith. Ironically, most of modern windows I love are in Washington and California. I'm in Michigan though. I'm consistently getting pushed into aluminum clad/wood interior for my home.
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 3:10PM
lewis + smith
Windows are regularly shipped from manufacturers near and far. I would find a window you like that meets your budget and local energy code. Shipping is always part of the cost whether stated or not.
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 3:25PM
Jay Pearson
Western windows in Phoenix is a great line.. We sell them all over the nation Viewpoint windows.com. We r in idaho and use them here
0 Likes   October 25, 2013 at 6:31PM
foxynroxy7
where is the bench from?
0 Likes   April 18, 2014 at 9:16AM
McClellan Architects
The bench was custom made for the home. Thanks
0 Likes   April 18, 2014 at 9:48AM
CityLiving Banquettes & Booths
You can get this banquette made by CityLiving Banquettes & Booths in Chicago. They ship nationwide and will build whatever size and style you want. Visit their website at www.citylivingdesign.com or call 312-335-0711.
0 Likes   July 24, 2014 at 11:19AM
Need source for architect desk lamp
Looking for an architect lamp to set on credenza. ...
need help with kitchen back splash
white shaker cabinets black granite countertops 4 inch...
Young professional Rustic apt.
Hey guys I have always wanted the rustic/western style...
what is the most durable material for a sofa?
We have two sofas/couches in our family room and we...