Hinge help - does anyone know of a hidden hinge that would work
Susie Thornhill
March 30, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We love our cabinets but want to update with paint and a new hinge. The larger hidden ones on newer cabinets don't work. Any ideas welcome!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
It looks like you have a 3/8" lipped face frame door style. Try the Salaice hinge offered by Rockler http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17284&site=ROCKLER
1 Like   March 30, 2013 at 1:15PM
Susie Thornhill
Thank you!!
0 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 1:43PM
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Truth be told, installing those Salice hinges will be a pain and you probably still won't like the outcome. The finial hinges you have no look fine. Its the door that is dated and the hardware!
0 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 1:47PM
kingshill
I had similar situation in former kitchen remodel. Contractor had resource, perhaps millwork shop, to route out doors and replaced all hinges with hidden European hinges. Good luck.
1 Like   March 30, 2013 at 1:56PM
PRO
Elaine M. Rushlow C.K.D.
Changing he hinges and hardware will make a huge difference have you tried staining the cabinets dark? real dark? and then adding in accent colours or glass in the plan?
1 Like   March 30, 2013 at 2:43PM
Susie Thornhill
I agree, but we want light after all this dark period-stained oak. I actually like the cabinets as they are not so common in appearance, well-made, and still functioning quite well.
2 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 8:03PM
PRO
TVCoverUps
Another option is TVCoverUps. Framed art(including your own) or Mirror adds to the room's decor, with the hidden TV and Entertainment Consoles beneath.
See how EASY it really is:
0 Likes   February 15, 2014 at 11:43AM
PRO
Dayoris Hardware
Add European stainless hinges to your cabinets, that will be reliable for years to come. All our hardware go through extreme testing procedures which insures that only the most capable products are deliver to customers. We try our best to offer an unmatchable product that will not rust or get damage from use. In addition, we also have an invisible option offering a way to hide the hinges from almost all views,, see it here https://www.dayorishardware.com.

Sincerely,
The DAYORIS Hardware Team
0 Likes   October 20, 2014 at 1:21PM
More Discussions
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker
Decorating Idea for Bedroom
Need advice on how to decorate area between bed and...
sharonsmi41
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
floor plan problems
working with architect,15000 in, and still not happy...
piercesof
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™