Need help planning a Texas Hill country/Meditteranean Home
Lisa Bowling
Lately I've been reading that oil rubbed bronze is becoming less popular and that chrome is making a come back. And that polished nickel or stainless may be the way to go. We will start our house this summer and I was planning to do all oil rubbed bronze in kitchen, baths, doorknobs, etc. Now I'm not sure. I want to be ahead of the design curve, not behind it. I've also read that hill country/Mediterranean with a modern twist is in. And that you should mix your metals for more interest. I am now totally confused! Help!
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
If you're looking for longevity and a classic look, go for chrome. It's never "out" and it adds sparkle wherever you use it. I'm not an expert on Texas design but I know someone who is. Check out Joni Webb's blog "Cote de Texas" for some good reading!
March 30, 2013 at 8:46pm   
Also nickel and stainless are receiving competition from the golds and brass contingent again. So I would suggest you go with what pleases you. It is still a good look and provided the whole look coordinates with the home, you should be fine.
March 31, 2013 at 5:48am   
oil rubbed bronze tend to be more traditional, hence won't be 'ahead' of the design curve. On the other hand it could be quite classic so won't go out of date as fast as other finishes.
March 31, 2013 at 6:08am   
nFORMAL design
Well, I've lived and studied and have many architecture colleagues in Texas, so my opinion is that you should go classic with the design (cabinets, everything else) and get what you want regarding fixtures. Fixtures can easily be changed and updated. The rest of it is much tougher.
March 31, 2013 at 1:51pm   
Gray paint color suggestions for modern Texas Hill Country home
I'm building a home - style is modern, yet cozy. Cabinets...
Texas hill country style home
We are building a new home and want to have the Texas...
Need help with flooring for our new hill country contemporary home
We like handscaped wood floors but not sure about using...
Need help finishing a barndominium in the country, Texas style..
Need new everything, paint, furniture, floors, window...
DARK OR LIGHT FLOORS
Just bought a house, have no pics yet but the kitchen...
what to do with these weird shaped cabinets
Hi, my family is being transferred for my job and...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...