Need help with decorating!!
Shireen Gupta
I have this huge wall in my living room and I don't know what to put around the media console to make it look nice without it looking cluttered! I do need more storage space for things like office supplies (I have a one bedroom apartment with no work space) and also a savvy way to keep my printer accessible but without it showing too much!!
I love the return - it is so versatile. Can you put spot lights in the return? I would fill the space behind with an amazing black and white photographic mural that even goes behind the TV. It would add visual interest when the TV is not on.
March 31, 2013 at 1:26AM     
AMN
I like asv's idea. My sister had Ikea's Premiar - NYC/Flat Iron building behind her tv, and it looked smashing.
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20114901/

Ikea has other large-format options too.

I'm on the app, and I can't go back to your pics without losing what I've written. Do you already have a desk, or do you plan to use one in your space? If not, maybe there's a cabinet or closet you can put the printer in. I did that at our place, and it works great--especially with wireless printing capabilities.
March 31, 2013 at 1:49AM     
artzzie
Another idea is to purchase fabric with a large watercolor print and hang top to bottom and side to side in the return on curtain rod. Or put a floating shelf same width & color as the tv stand above the tv.
March 31, 2013 at 1:58AM   
carolins
Talking about Ikea, they have really great TV/media storage solutions that you could fill a large part of that wall with. Storage galore and space for your printer too:
BESTÅ TV/storage combination
BESTÅ TV panel with media storage

I don't know if it's available in other countries too, but in the Netherlands they have this in a very pretty soft blueish/green colour.
And if you do the wall behind in a fantastic colour or wallpaper or indeed a black&white photo mural...
March 31, 2013 at 2:03AM   
DIAspoton
the mural idea is great.
2 more options :paint the recessed wall a dark cocoa or graphite and add floating shelves.

or more expensive but attractive and useful would be to have built -ins with adjustable shelves completely cover the entire wall. build it around the tv and console. have a desk top which lifts up and out revealing work space. adoor over one area to hide printer and cords.

pull up a discussion on houzz on "hiding the tv"
March 31, 2013 at 2:06AM   
Accent Fabrics
I have had a set of chairs covered in a great Ikat...
Window treatments on Door & Side Light?
We have woven wood shades everywhere else on this floor....
Shelves cover?
Hi. We removed a fireplace years ago in our office,...
Need help - wood or tile upstairs
Hi, Need your suggestions. We have hard wood floors...