Where do I transition my floor?
marialoreta
Where should I transition the floor from marble to hardwood? The foyer is diana royal marble and the family room is hardwood. What should I do with the great hall, wood or marble floor? The landing down to the finished basement will also need to be taken into account when making this selection. Marble or hardwood? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
OnePlan
It's really difficult to read the plan to see which rooms you mean ?!? Is there any way you could line in red the marble rooms and blue the wood rooms then point out the area that concerns you maybe ?!?!? Looks a fab project !!!
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 4:38AM
marialoreta
I hope this is better
1 Like   March 31, 2013 at 6:14AM
marialoreta
Oops I outlined the wrong room in blue... The family room is wood. The room in question is the great hall outlined in blue.
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 6:18AM
printesa
I would go with the marble all the way to the family room. The foyer and the great hall would look very grand and open.
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 6:23AM
I would take the marble to the 'great hall' as well since they are visually connected upon entering the house and becomes part of the main circulation space.
1 Like   March 31, 2013 at 6:31AM
marialoreta
My gutt was telling me the same but for some reason i also thought a wood floor in the great hall and landing with the staircase would create a warmer entry leading to the family room. What about the landing? The stairs are espresso and the risers are cloud white. Now I will need to go back and rethink....hmmmm. My tilers are gonna love me when I spring this one on them!
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 6:48AM
Dan Buckenmeyer
Consider mixing media in the "great hall" to create a unique look and natural transition. In other words - combine wood and marble together.
Utilize wood planks to create a criss-crossed pattern which surrounds larger-profile marble tiles.
2 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 7:03AM
OnePlan
I agree with Dytecture !
1 Like   March 31, 2013 at 8:33AM
3DCGI
I agree with Dytecture also...
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 2:46PM
MarbleWarehousecom
My choice absolutely would be crema Marfil or Carrara Marble tile,it looks awesome
0 Likes   April 1, 2013 at 10:36AM
Need help with my backsplash
We've recently installed solarius granite in our kitchen....
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Big dark brown leather sectional
Help! My husband bought a big (kinda ugly) dark chocolate...
Need help for the width of my porcelain tile hardwood look tile.
I want grey but should I go "slim=2in or wide plank?...
My long narrow entry hall
My entry is 15'x4'. And one long side is completely...