Metal art
sheriss
March 31, 2013 in Design Dilemma
How much is too much? I love metal art, it's so easy to decorate with because I don't have to stress over color. I have two pieces in the guest bath, one big, one small. Two more (a set) that will go in the living or dining room, but visible from either. How many pieces can I use before it becomes obnoxious?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
You're getting close. The two in the bathroom can work, but if your guest comes out into the living room and dining room it might be too much. However, the bottom line is ... it all depends. If the art is good enough and pleases you enough, you are the one who will see it the most.
March 31, 2013 at 7:05am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Dan Daugherty
It depends on How the artwork is displayed. I am using my living room to display my Lightning Sculptures and some other smaller metal sculptures and they actually work together for a great feel.

Granted my Living room is large with vaulted ceilings, but that only enhances the effect of the light from the sculptures. If you love it, Embrace it. Enjoy it. it only becomes a problem when you can't walk around it...

March 31, 2013 at 9:25am   
More Discussions
What topics would you like to see more of?
Now that the shiny new Houzz UK has launched, we want...
Dining Room Help
I want to paint or wallpaper my dining room as well...
Lighting advice
Hi!! I just bought a small apartment with living and...
can you use different fabrics on a sofa and love seat in the same room
I have a white slipcovered sofa and love seat. I am...
Using soapstone for kitchen countertop. Washer/dryer to be housed in a
Also concerned about accessibility of water shutoff...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™