closets! closets! closets
janerochester
April 1, 2013 in Other
Hi you all lovely people out there,
we just bought our first home. It is in Apollo Beach (area), Tampa, Florida.. we wanted to get the closets done.. so far got the quotations from California Closets and Closets by design. loved the design from ).. California closets, but they are expensive (more than $1000 than closets by design .. We are planning to get the master closet, 2 reach in closets in the secondary bedrooms and the laundary room done. budget is little tight around 5K.. any suggestions?? are there general contractors who do this?? we ourselves are not very handy.. so installing something ourselves is out of question ;-)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
If you have an IKEA nearby, I believe you can pay them to install closets for you. They have a closet system called PAX and it is pretty good and flexible for your needs. The cost of purchase is inexpensive, but the cost of installation will also have to be factored in. However it is worth it instead of puzzling over their hard to decipher diagrams.

PS Have you watched a recent Modern Family episode perchance?
April 1, 2013 at 12:01PM   
janerochester
nope..
April 1, 2013 at 12:10PM   
PRO
ASVInteriors
Oh, the closets closets closets was a reference in one.
April 1, 2013 at 1:20PM   
PRO
CLOSET ENVY INC.
Hi Jane,

Any decent CG is going to just hire a closet company. If the GC is good, he will know he cant make a closet as nice as a professional closet company can. IF he isnt good, he might suggest a trim carpenter. IF thats the case, say no and run!

You can try a couple options. 1. go to closets.org ( Its the association of closet and storage professionals) They will point you in the direction of a reputable company.

Another more local person is http://www.affordableclosettampa.com/ The actual product used is very similar as California, or CbD. Probably not as expensive though. The guy who runs the company who supplies

As for IKEA, From a professional closet organizer perspective. They offer a decent product, but its too bulky and cannot be customized as much. They're a retail outlet, and just want to see a sale. The hardware is a little on the cheap side too, but still decent.

Any decent closet company will take a look at your needs, and make a suggestion. We notice things you might not consider when designing a closet, will provide a 3d rendering of the space, and how it will work for you. Our ultimate goal is to have you thrilled with your closets and show them off to people! Thats how we flourish as businesses.

Let me know if I can help in any way!
June 16, 2014 at 7:38AM