Need backyard landscaping/hardscaping help for pool/privacy
mrprometheus
Need some help from the creative minds here for both landscaping and hardscaping.

For landscaping i need something about 20-30 feet tall to provide shielding from the homes at the top right corner of the hill. The homes to the immediate back and top left are fine as there are alot of existing trees there for blockage. I would prefer the trees to be evergreens to minimize the leaf drops into the pool but am open to ideas. My initial thought was a row of tall/skinny cypress trees along the right side of the house property line and some on the back but am not a big fan of their appearance. My other thought was bamboo but am scared of their invasive properties (am i being too paranoid here?). Any other ideas?

For hardscaping, the sky is the limit. I need it to be an entertaining space. The single french door is the master bedroom. The middle french door is the den/office. The large double french door to the side is the family room/kitchen area. On the right side of the yard i was thinking of a long narrow raised planter box and putting a tall growing bamboo species in there. Will that work?

If anyone has recommendations for professional design in the Palos Verdes area in California, please let me know as well.
TanCalGal
Google "iscape" Also click "find local pros" above to find professionals.
April 5, 2013 at 8:03am   
Staged for Perfection
I think you can safely plant clumping (not RUNNING) bamboo near a pool. I have clients who have planted clumping bamboo withing 6 ft of their pool and have had no problems
May 17, 2014 at 8:31am   
mrprometheus
Thanks! For the feedback. Since then I've gone ahead and built a raised planter along the property line and planted a black clumping timber bamboo from Indonesia. It's called Bambusa Lako. It went in the ground about 6 weeks ago and can't wait for it to take off.
May 17, 2014 at 2:48pm   
Front yard landscaping/hardscaping
Looking for some ideas for the front yard. Any suggestions...
"wart" on my "new to me" house, landscaping/hardscaping
While we have tons of projects still inside our "new...
Need help with landscaping behind pool for privacy
When we put our pool in seven years ago I designed...
Need help designing our pool & backyard landscape!
Large open pallet! Wide open for ideas!!!:) we have...
Help! Tall wall backyard and in need of pool and landscaping
We just built this house and have no idea where to...
Help me dress my ottoman!
What kind of throw pillows would you use to dress this...
Help! My Living Room is TORTURING ME!
I don't know what to do with it! I've been in this...
what would you suggest for this kitchen !! :)
Would you tear out the left side pantry or paint? ...
"Need opinions on kitchen"
I am getting mixed reviews from friends and family...
exterior question!
I dislike the color of our brick, it is very pink looking-...