Sunroom
hunterkk
New floor, update ceiling, windows update? Add fireplace. Any ideas.
nchampagne
White tile floor, different windows definitely maybe with a nice winow seat, with pretty moulding.Colorful,but not too bright, couch and chair, maybe with a floral pattern?.
April 1, 2013 at 2:37pm   
Lisa
Here's an idea
April 1, 2013 at 3:09pm     
Fenstermann LLC
You should expand the windows to get as much of the outdoors in. Do you have an idea of what you could budget for windows?
April 1, 2013 at 3:12pm   
Riddle Construction and Design
Update with new tile floors, larger windows ( if budget allows), new casing/trim, new paint and window treatments. Forget the fireplace.
April 1, 2013 at 3:15pm   
collettec
Perhaps a wood look tile flooring and natural wood stain beadboard for the ceiling.
April 1, 2013 at 3:18pm   
hunterkk
Not sure on the total budget. The house is not being lived in. All of the house needs updating.
April 1, 2013 at 3:19pm   
Judy M
You need to decide on an overall starting budget for the house and which rooms take priority. Does the furniture in this room belong to you? what is under the carpet?
April 1, 2013 at 3:22pm     
Fenstermann LLC
If you are going to update the entire house, it makes sense to get all of the windows and doors done at once.
April 1, 2013 at 3:27pm   
Danielian Associates Architecture + Planning
Keep the furniture! Beautiful! Very Southern Living mag- replace the flooring with hard wood- something mid-tone and rustic. I would nix the cabinets and replace with two credenza tables with large antiqued brass finishes- maybe a sunburst shape or something with lots of metal and texture. I would put some simple accessories and fresh flowers and you are done. Love the floral pattern on the chairs, I would use that color scheme and your inspiration. Maybe a vintage shabby chic chandelier up top would finish it off. Great space!
April 1, 2013 at 3:33pm     
hunterkk
All to be updated. Nothing good under carpet. Furniture was left behind. We are just trying to get ideas before talking to contractor.
April 1, 2013 at 3:35pm   
Judy M
You have discussions on four different areas of the home. I feel you are on overload about how much work needs to be done to bring the house to something you want to live in.

I've been in your place. You need to establish a budget first. Each space you have posted is lost in a sea of dirty white walls and outdated carpets.

we need to know what is under the carpets. we need to know what the furniture you plan to bring in looks like.

Just starting with a fesh coat of paint will make a big difference in this home.
April 1, 2013 at 3:40pm   
Fenstermann LLC
Do you have pictures of the exterior?
April 1, 2013 at 3:40pm   
Judy M
I would keep sunroom furniture and change the fabric on the cushions.You could choose to have the frame painted as well, but I can't tell the condition of the rattan from the photos.
Paint the walls and change the floor.
It's hard to see the light fixture, but it looks like just spraying it black would be a budget wise choice for starters.

If budget allows change the windows.
April 1, 2013 at 3:46pm   
hunterkk
Outside. Furniture is metal
April 1, 2013 at 3:53pm   
Fenstermann LLC
If you already have insulated glass in on the windows, I would not change them out. The impact from changing single pane to dual glazed insulated windows is tremendous. So, if the sunroom doesn't have newer windows than you should get new ones to match the rest of the home.
April 1, 2013 at 4:09pm   
These are really nice windows - seem to be insulated glass. Use the vinyl wood look plank flooring here - you can't tell the difference and clearly this serves the backyard and garage as your circulation. Go for paintable white ceiling planking - they make a product that does this, and a more modern fan and drop fixture over the table. Keep this furniture they left you, spray paint it a fun funky aqua color and just recover all the cushions with a sunbrella wide stripe. These are classics. Paint the whole room a kind of a citrus green and add one of the indoor outdoor rugs with aqua and green in the rug on the vinyl wood floor.
April 1, 2013 at 4:20pm   
elandry
I love me a sunroom!!! This is lovely! I say what you do depends if you want to warm it up and incorporate it into the house or keep it closed. We have a sunroom off the kitchen and keep it closed with a gas stove and a slimline air conditioning unit. We thought about opening it, but decided we liked being able to close it off when we have parties and the kids are being too loud. We have a make-shift pit in ours with three love seats and that's where everyone gravitates toward. It has brazillian wood floors that make it warmer, but I love the look of slate tile, too. If you can change the windows, I'd do something more airy with less lines or more interest... Unless you're right on top of your neighbors, then I'd just keep them and distract from them with curtains. One thing that I love that we did with our sofas in our sunroom was slipcover them with Sunbrella fabric. They cost almost as much as new love seats when we were done with them, but we can take them off and bleach them if we need to. They're a buttery yellow and they don't take away from the view. Good luck!
April 1, 2013 at 6:58pm     
3 season room (sunroom) furniture dilemma
Finishing a sunroom with all windows. Only wall is...
Kitchen/Sunroom remodel
Currently in the attached image is a kitchen, adjoining...
Suggestions for Sunroom
I am building a 15 x 10 sunroom with one "solid" wall...
Where to put a 4 season sunroom?
We live in high desert eastern Oregon where we really...
Been working on our lake house for almost 3 yes, now want it as home
Been working on cottage bought in Nov. 2011 non stop....
What to pair (colour wise) with this artwork?
I have this artwork hanging above my couch in our living...
Need entryway help!!
I have the world's most boring entryway! I have worked...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...