WHICH CREAM COLOR FOR CABINETS?
coffeesready
I was going to have my cabinets painted a color. Too many choices so I decided and was given advice to go CREAM. Well, it ends up there are more Cream colors than greens! How do I choose? They seem too yellow, too grey, too pink. I currently have white appliances but can change to SS. I have light natural maple floors. I'm not really expecting someone to choose one of these creams but used it as an example. My painter uses Rodda Paint. I didn't have a Benjamin Moore nearby.
coffeesready
Thank you. And I know it depends on lighting. But seriously, how do people make their decision?
April 1, 2013 at 8:58pm   
AMN
Have you held these swatches up while looking at your maple floors? The one(s) that connect upon first glance are the ones you could/should put on your list of finalists. The ones you struggle to see how they would work are the ones to eliminate.

Try this procedure during day and night. Anything work in both settings? Put those on your list of final-finalists!

Are there at least some colors that you definitely know won't work already? If so, pull them from the pile or put an X through them. Clean the palette a little first.

I know it's hard with monitors and such, but take a look at BM's Timid White to see if it reminds you of swatches from Rodda. I've seen TW look nice with light maple. Best wishes!
April 1, 2013 at 9:10pm     
Rockin' Fine Finish
Since you have white appliances any cream you choose will look dirty next to stark white but if you will change them soon go with whipped Rodda has a match for that color or do linen white.
April 1, 2013 at 9:10pm     
Rockin' Fine Finish
]

This is whipped
April 1, 2013 at 9:15pm     
coffeesready
@ Rockin- is it the wall color that is "whipped" ? looks nice
April 1, 2013 at 9:21pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
The wall is actually sand
April 1, 2013 at 9:23pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
The doors are whipped
April 1, 2013 at 9:24pm   
nevska
I had the same dilemma just a year ago. I went with off white that was close to a color of our doors- warm, creamy white. Our room gets a lot of sun during the day, so when its sunny it looks lovely warm and not stark, but when its dark the cabinets looks way too creamy and inside the open shelf it looks yellow. I would suggest to stay away from creamy colours. Go with warm shade of white - maybe a shade lighter than the doors. PS: if its a gloss finish you can go warmer color because it will reflect the light and look whiter if its a matt finish - definitely stay away from cream shades. good luck
April 1, 2013 at 9:33pm     
Rockin' Fine Finish
Whipped is not very yellow it's a nice warm white if you want to look at it the rodda store in Seattle on 4th ave has the match I had done
April 1, 2013 at 9:46pm     
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
living room
Need to pop some color, like baby blue, tans, and maybe...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Need help with color scheme for front door and shutters!
We'd like to give our home a facelift with a new front...
Should I remove these cabinet doors?
We are painting the hardware in our kitchen this weekend...