Looking for decorating ideas
maryobkeogh
April 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi Houzzers, looking for your suggestions for this family home. It is in need of some modernising and style. We are looking for a classic, elegant finish that is comfortable and inviting. We plan to install a new kitchen, and open up the kitchen dining areas, and perhaps even open up the room behind the dining room as a play area for 3yr old where he can play while we cook. The sitting room needs some style and energy, we will either pull out or paint the built ins, and install a stove /replace the fireplace.
Looking forward to your thoughts!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
PH Interiors, LLC
Since you are reconfiguring the footprint of these spaces, I suggest you get a local pro to help you develop a floor plan that accomodates your requirements and budget. As far as cabintery and finshes, etc, there are unlimited options - so any suggestions would be a shot in the dark without knowing more about budget and what style you are looking for.
0 Likes   April 2, 2013 at 11:38AM
studio10001
Is the fireplace there more for decor, or needed for heat? If the latter, replacing w a stove seems like a good idea, both in terms of efficiency and scale.
Can you fill in w a few more pics? Having trouble deciphering which wall is where.
0 Likes   April 2, 2013 at 11:46AM
maryobkeogh
Hi Studio101, attached some more photo angles from living room, I hope this helps
0 Likes   April 3, 2013 at 4:24AM
maryobkeogh
Thanks PH Interiors, you make a good suggestion. Re cabinets, we are thinking walnut and cream wood. A U-shape kitchen with a small island seems like it would make sense in the space, then need to figure some paint colours, flooring and how to re-create the dining space. Here are a couple more pics for additional info
0 Likes   April 3, 2013 at 4:28AM