Looking for decorating ideas

maryobkeoghApril 2, 2013
Hi Houzzers, looking for your suggestions for this family home. It is in need of some modernising and style. We are looking for a classic, elegant finish that is comfortable and inviting. We plan to install a new kitchen, and open up the kitchen dining areas, and perhaps even open up the room behind the dining room as a play area for 3yr old where he can play while we cook. The sitting room needs some style and energy, we will either pull out or paint the built ins, and install a stove /replace the fireplace.
Looking forward to your thoughts!
PH Interiors, LLC
Since you are reconfiguring the footprint of these spaces, I suggest you get a local pro to help you develop a floor plan that accomodates your requirements and budget. As far as cabintery and finshes, etc, there are unlimited options - so any suggestions would be a shot in the dark without knowing more about budget and what style you are looking for.
    Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 11:38AM
studio10001
Is the fireplace there more for decor, or needed for heat? If the latter, replacing w a stove seems like a good idea, both in terms of efficiency and scale.
Can you fill in w a few more pics? Having trouble deciphering which wall is where.
    Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 11:46AM
maryobkeogh
Hi Studio101, attached some more photo angles from living room, I hope this helps
    Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 4:24AM
maryobkeogh
Thanks PH Interiors, you make a good suggestion. Re cabinets, we are thinking walnut and cream wood. A U-shape kitchen with a small island seems like it would make sense in the space, then need to figure some paint colours, flooring and how to re-create the dining space. Here are a couple more pics for additional info
    Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 4:28AM
My kitchen needs HELP!
I will be forever thankful if someone can help me decorate...
mosier24
louieschroeder
Is that a desk in the corner and if so where was it purchased?
Looking for decorating ideas for a home office. Thank...
Carrie Nelson Eklund
Need help with decorating living cum Dining and family room
I am looking for decorating ideas for my living cum...
newHome
Dark couch
Looking for decorating ideas for a dark brown couch...
ldunshea
Finding The Right Furniture
I have painted my room white and grey, my bed is white...
kyliesmith24
maaza66
Re-use: Where do YOU keep all the tote bags?
Do you have a tote bag or grocery shopping station...
leata
Looking for Hot Water Radiators
Hello, My husband and I just embarked on remodeling...
Mikki
Kitchen Remodel - join the fun!
Below is my 7 yr old kitchen in our small open concept...
mamadubbs