Window Treatments
Amber Byrd
We have a small window in our bedroom but we are not sure what size curtain to get for it. Any Suggestions?
Amber - I would take this window and dress it in two phases. First, a neutral roman shade hung above the window high enough so when open it doesn't cover anything but the frame and all the light and air can come in. Neutral is different for different color palettes - white, cream, linen toned - what neutral is best with your things and in the most textural fabric weave you can find for your budget. Then, long term you want to layer full length drapery panels hanging on a long rod again, nearly outside the frame. The drapery may be a solid or a graphic print, velvet or linen, but that will add the pizzaz that a master bedroom needs and also allow the room to feel cozier on winter nights when you close them all.
1 Like   April 2, 2013 at 8:38AM
rinqreation
I have white translucent roller blinds in my bedroom and nice thick pleated curtains on top. When buying a rail and curtains, remember to add at least 5" width on both sides, so when the curtain's are open, it will not be in front of the glass.
0 Likes   April 2, 2013 at 8:48AM
Amber Byrd
Thank you;) great ideas!
1 Like   April 2, 2013 at 12:01PM
Help with dining room needed!
Hi everyone! I am decorating my dining area and would...
Wood floor allowance
Our allowance for hardwood floors for the 1st floor...
Need help for the width of my porcelain tile hardwood look tile.
I want grey but should I go "slim=2in or wide plank?...
chiseled granite kitchen countertops
Should the chiseled portion only be on the sides or...