Need help choosing a sofa
daninoguera31
I am a newlywed with no furniture in my new house, I am buying a sofa and a coffee table but I want ideas for color and design. My living room has two walls cover with windows and a wall for art. I have some art that I receive in my wedding and I probably would put it their. I also have to bergeré that my mom gave me and I bought a turquoise fabric for the bergeré. I want the sofa to be neutral because the chairs are to colorful and I also want the coffee table to have glass but not made completely out of it.
carolins
Is the photo of the teal sofa an inspirational photo for you? Or have you bought that fabric for the chair? Or is it a style of sofa you'd like?

And do you have photos of your living room, so that we can get a feeling for the space? Or even a floor plan?

Love the chair and it will be gorgeous in turquoise!
April 2, 2013 at 8:57AM     
laxmiji
Like the chair where did you buy this
April 2, 2013 at 9:15AM   
daninoguera31
The chair is like the two chairs I have and the sofa has the color of the fabric I bought for the chair... I would uploaded a picture of the living room but I dont have any of the chair because I send them to put the fabric on.
April 2, 2013 at 11:17AM   
daninoguera31
This is my living room the space where the table is I am going to put a bar type furniture I have which is in painting.
April 2, 2013 at 11:34AM   
carolins
Lovely light room, nice view too.

So, you'll have the two chairs and you want to buy a sofa and a coffee table. I'd say you also need lamps, a smaller table between the chairs or at one end of the sofa and a rug. Yes?

The space isn't really huge, so I would get a small sofa in either a creme or a grey.
Depending on the art that you have and on what you and your husband like of course, you could add orange, coral, purple, fuchsia or lime green as another accent colour to the turquoise.

If you have the dimensions of your room, you can use an online room planner to get a vision of what kind of furniture you can have in this space and play around with it; http://www.urbanbarn.com/Room-Planner
April 2, 2013 at 12:08PM   
Look for an area carpet with a touch of blue-green in a more muted shade in it - not as the predominant shade but as the accent, if possible. Perhaps carry your favorite piece of art for the room with you while you shop. Use the rug that you love and the art as your inspiration for the new accent colors/fabrics in the room. Caro is right on about creme or grey or a linen tone / pale taupe would work too. You will know what color for the sofa after you select the rug as you will want to harmonize the neutral tones from that element. Congratulations on your nuptials and making a love nest for your lucky husband who married a woman with excellent taste. Coffee table to be simple lines - perhaps dark metal and glass to echo window feature.
April 2, 2013 at 12:31PM     
mousemaker
I love the chair. i'm sorry whatever that is above the teal sofa gives me a migraine :) I agree about taking colors or pieces of good art with you as you shop to help coordinate. you might also find out if you can try a piece of furniture for a couple of days and then if it's completely wrong, return it? you need to see it in different lights and times of day.
April 2, 2013 at 12:43PM   
daninoguera31
I love it with orange I think it would turn up great.. I also love the sofa, I was thinking a bit like that.. I am not really a fan of the coffee table I think something more classic not sure...
April 3, 2013 at 2:36PM   
carolins
If you have the dimensions of your room, you can use an online roomplanner to see what size sofa you can have here with your chairs, and find out what size and shape coffee table will fit, etc. The Urban Barn one is free to use and they have a couple of pieces (Cedric sofa and some nice coffee tables too) that I think you will like: http://www.urbanbarn.com/Room-Planner

Check out Z-gallerie, I think they have the style of furniture you like (I don't know in which country you are): http://www.zgallerie.com/c-53-furniture.aspx
April 4, 2013 at 1:14AM   
daninoguera31
Hello, its been a long time but I finally got my chairs and my sofa. I had to change it to were my dining was because in the other room it was too small.
What do you think of them?? Wall color and rug??? Ideas for coffee table??
May 3, 2013 at 9:47AM   
carolins
Very nice! I like the tufted back. Modern lines and still a classic touch to go with the chairs.

Best choose a rug first before you choose a paint colour. I'd go with a colour in the painting. The softer green, for a more subdued look. Or orange for a more vibrant look.

Have you tried putting the sofa against the wall to the right? So that its facing the window?
The chairs could then go in front of the window.
It will provide better access to your seating area, the chairs are blocking 'the flow' a bit now. I like the colour!
May 3, 2013 at 9:55AM   
carolins
I like how this one repeats the pattern of the tufted sofa back and I think it has a similar green to your painting: http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-espalier-trellis/sage/200SBFG45A-76096.html

Colour and shape of this one is great: http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-simplicity/orange/200SEMA33C-508.html

An ideabook about rug sizes, follow the link under the picture:

May 3, 2013 at 10:03AM   
daninoguera31
yes I tried putting it in the right wall but it blocks a little bit the entrance so I change it. About the rug wouldnt it be to colorful green or orange with the turquoise?
May 3, 2013 at 8:52PM   
carolins
That is up to you. You can also go for a neutral colour like a sisal rug, or whatever you like actually. Or even a cowhide?
May 4, 2013 at 12:17AM   
daninoguera31
Long time finally have a rug any suggestion for paint color? And table(the one with the candle is temporal)
October 3, 2013 at 11:54AM   
daninoguera31
October 3, 2013 at 12:00PM   
daninoguera31
October 3, 2013 at 12:01PM   
First of all, you need to reposition the rug. Try bring it out so the front legs of the sofa are on it and the front legs of the chairs are, too Don’t angle the chairs; face them straight to the sofa.

May I ask why you chose that particular rug? It is very pale and not in the same feel as your furniture at all.

I suggest different pillows and a softer painting…you are overloading on the teal. Go a little more toward French design.

I would have preferred pillows that brought the chair color (fabric and wood trim) over onto the sofa.

Accent Pillows
Karastan Carmel 74700-13112 2'11" x 4'8" Costada Slate Rug
October 3, 2013 at 12:03PM   
Need Help choosing throw pillow colors to this sofa and loveseat.
I have this sofa, loveseat, and 2 modern brown leather...
Need help choosing wall art sizes to put behind a sofa.
I am not sure if i should put one big piece of art...
need help choosing sofa and curtains
I would like to get a sofa from restoration hardware...
Need help choosing leather color for sofa
I have been looking to purchase this sofa for a while...
Kitchen Backsplash dilemma
I have Bianco Antico countertops, offwhite cabinets,...
Curtain window
I want to ask about the distance that should be left...
osb flloring in kitchen
How do you get a nice finish? How do you minimize...
Help with family room accent pieces and furniture placement
We recently moved in and repainted the walls and ordered...
Looking for ideas to address the wall behind a corner wood stove.
I would love to have some kind of stone and mantel...