Need help for my large living room
Nehal Al-Rashed
Hi every one, i'm very lucky to be with u here & visit this fantastic website, after I saw all the beautiful design posted here, I'm really full of hope that you can help me make my living room a beautiful place...regarding furniature, wall papers, lightening..I'm about to change the sofa and the chairs..but I will keep the dining room, cabinet and the curtains. I'm waiting for your opinions..Thanks alot.
tayloch
What a great shape your room is. I would try a darker colour on the walls like Moka and go for much lighter sofa , cream or beige. Adding more lamps and up lighters in the corners will help to bring the focus of the eye away from the ceiling.
April 2, 2013 at 11:53AM   
tlouiez
Hi! Since you asked....I think if you painted the walls it would make a WORLD of difference! It would make the room cozier, classier and you might not need to buy new furniture yet :) Maybe taupe-ish, or pull out a color from the floor design...light olive, maybe? Maybe the 2 walls with the dining furniture painted red (the drapery color) would define the space and show off your beautiful table and chairs! I agree with Tayloch about the shape of your room, it is awesome! I, on the other hand, think that painting the walls darker and maybe even the ceiling a shade of beige while leaving the trim white would enhance your ceiling and the pretty chandeliers would become a focal point. It doesn't seem like lighting in the room is a problem...?
(this is my first time ever making a suggestion on a blog(is that what this is?) and I hope you post the finished product as I am invested now :)
April 2, 2013 at 1:02PM   
tlouiez
It's me again :) I just realized I forgot to say how gorgeous that archway is! And how about using the wall color outside of the room (around the archway) on the ceiling? or a shade or 2 lighter? and the greenish color from the accent tile in your floor on the walls? Red on the 2 dining walls?
Painting with color would really make your trimwork "pop"! And show off your lighting :)
....I'm have been trying to figure out something for those a/c units for a while now-a friends that is....tricky they are.
April 2, 2013 at 1:13PM   
Nehal Al-Rashed
Tayloch..thank you so much for your opinion ..I really think that the beige that you suggested will be great. Tlouiez...thank you too for your fantastic suggestions..actually instead of painting, I'm thinking of wall papers..would it give me the same result? Thanks again for both you for your effort to read and think.
April 2, 2013 at 1:15PM   
Alcove Decor and Furniture
Nehal, Shu Akhbarak? Are you planning to buy furniture from US and ship it to Jeddah? ana ukhti lives in Jeddah.
April 2, 2013 at 3:07PM   
nononanna
I agree that painting the walls would help, and then I think you should have drapes in the same color - more sophisticated and also softer looking. A goldy-beige with the same color, heavy, ample drapes and bigger, prettier rods.
April 2, 2013 at 3:15PM   
Connie
please don't get upset, but I think your tv cabinet is so wrong for the rest of your furniture, which is beautiful. At the very least, I would paint it, to something darker. Also, I would add some wallpaper to the wall that holds the dining buffet cupboard-it will accentuate the unusual shape of the room, and help to define the dining area better. I would also add a large rug to where the seating area is.
April 2, 2013 at 3:41PM     
Alcove Decor and Furniture
April 2, 2013 at 4:01PM   
Alcove Decor and Furniture
Idea for your dining area with curtains, and sofas
April 2, 2013 at 4:08PM   
Alcove Decor and Furniture
An Idea for your dining area and sofas
April 2, 2013 at 4:21PM   
Alcove Decor and Furniture
other ideas
April 2, 2013 at 6:43PM   
Nehal Al-Rashed
Dear nononannna ...thank you for your opinion. Dear Connie Francis , I totally agree with u.. I don't know what to do with that cabinet..I like your suggestion of the wallpaper..thank you so much for you both.
April 3, 2013 at 2:53PM   
Nehal Al-Rashed
Alcove Decor.... It is nice to find Arabic ppl here..buying from USA is a good idea..but, I have never been through this experience..I like the pictures you posted..thank you.
April 3, 2013 at 2:56PM     
nononanna
I'm in the process of shipping furniture from the US to France, and have shipped things both ways, if you need info. It's definitely not the least expensive way to do it, but we've moved back and forth several times so it was a necessity. Also, I find furniture and decorative objects in the US that I can't find elsewhere...
April 4, 2013 at 2:15AM   
rinqreation
The ceiling is not really high, is it? A bit of decorative molding on it would break the massive surface a little. And I totally agree on the tv cabinet looking out of place in this interior, a basic wooden one would look better. I also like the idea of painting your walls a light tan, but a soft grey-green-ish seablue would bring some soothing coolness. When you change the sofa, you could consider a light color, so you can easily add color on the walls without making the space too dark. Mix different patterns in similar fabrics and colors; for example a linen look couch/sectional and a sofa with a wooden frame, both in the same fabric, but the sofa patterned and couch solid color, matching pillows to mix. Hope that makes sense. :)
Intrinsic Designs Portfolio
Sun Room
Gym / Office / Guest Suites
Private residence
Beach House Living Room
New Traditional
April 4, 2013 at 3:22AM   
Alcove Decor and Furniture
We can ship furniture anywhere in the world. All I need to know what I what style of furniture do you like. I have attached pictures of traditional, Modern, contemporary and Italian furniture.
April 4, 2013 at 12:26PM   
Nehal Al-Rashed
Dear rinqreation...thank you so much for the valuable suggestions you posted..Alcove decor..thanks for the posts..I will let you know if ever I decided ...
April 5, 2013 at 11:52AM     
Alcove Decor and Furniture
barakallafeekum - Thank you
April 5, 2013 at 1:53PM   
Alcove Decor and Furniture
email me at alcove.furniture@gmail.com thank you
April 5, 2013 at 2:07PM   
Need help with my large arched living room window.
Have a vision in my head but can't draw it or bring...
Need help with a redesigning my square large living room with builtins
My living room is "square", with 2 entrances on either...
need help for my large living room
what is the best colors of paint suitable for this...
Need help with my large living room wall
We bought this home 2yrs ago and have tried everything...
Need help with cabinet colour and backsplash
We bought a beautiful house BUT the kitchen is not...
Fence ideas for shaded side yard
I'm a newbie looking to landscape my side yard 10x3.6m...
is my hallway too narrow for a built-in?
This is my hallway leading from the front door to the...
Source for short door (72" tall)
I am looking for contemporary or shaker style paint-grade...
Big blank wall, HELP
Ok I LOVE to change things up and move pieces around....