Decorating dilemma for college banquet
toots4524
April 2, 2013 in Other
I'm helping my daughter decorate for her theater dept. banquet at college that she's in charge of. There will be 8 round tables set up most likely with black tablecloths (that they already own). We are unable to use real candles (school policy) and, of course, have to keep the cost reasonable. There is nowhere to hang anything as it will take place in the actual theater on the stage floor. Basically, we need to come up with something pretty or colorful for just the middle of the tables that a college student can put together easily. She likes the idea of using different sized mason jars in the middle and adding a color (like green or teal), but what to put in them? Battery operated strings of lights are expensive I think - any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Anne Gibney
Since it is on stage can the lighting mood be set by the tech guys in the theatre dept. using the stage lights? Also, for the center of the tables how about using one prop from each play or show, highlighting the past year. Maybe that would get people talking about their involvement in each show. You can use trivia cards at each setting asking questions such as who had the lead female role, how many people saw this show, etc... Over lay the black table cloths with smaller square white ones. You can probably get them from the university catering dept. or by renting about 5.00 per piece.
April 2, 2013 at 4:50pm   
charleee
I like the idea of the mason jars with colorful battery operated lights, too, how about filling them with freshly popped popcorn? The popcorn has everything to do with the theatre, and the colorful lights will make the popcorn look interesting.
April 3, 2013 at 5:34am     
Anne Gibney

Check out these submersible led light. 30.00 for asset of 12
April 4, 2013 at 8:11pm