I need help with my back deck and pool house roof! Do I start with an architect or contractor?
kellymaze
We recently bought a house with an attached indoor pool. We absolutely love the house and the pool, but the structure around the pool makes for an awkward, ugly back deck. The first picture shows the four and a half foot wall of the pool structure I see from my kitchen and family room windows. A structural engineer told us the pool roof is not sufficiently supported, so I think we should get it redesigned and simultaneously fix the deck view. Should I find an architect or a general contractor for the job? The last photo shows the pool structure on the left and how it connects to the deck and house. Should we replace the single slope roof with a lower, upside down V roof?
My first instinct would be for an architect. You need the design element to be as important as the building work. Although some GC s can be very good
April 2, 2013 at 2:15pm   
agreed, an architect would provide with an overall vision for the project, and a contractor would be able to build the project out for you with sub-trades.
April 2, 2013 at 4:35pm   
Ironwood Builders
Team approach! Interview and hire the architect for big picture and creativity...bring int he contractor to contain costs and bring construction experience to the table.
April 2, 2013 at 5:06pm     
Do I need an architect for kitchen remodel or just a great contractor
I'm replacing cabinets and moving plumbing. I've been...
Do I need a Contractor, Designer or Architect?
Hi, We recently purchased a new house that needs a...
Help with neighbors fence!
How do I cover my neighbors fence?i don't like the...
North facing wall colors!!!
21x13 living room. It is dark due to only 2 north facing...
Have you ever had a laundry disaster?
You open the doors to the laundry machine and out falls...
Need help decorating bedroom
Uneven ceiling is feature of the room but we are not...