Before and after of a Vermont Ski Home Kids room
Monpere Decor
April 3, 2013 in Before & After
At Monpere Decor, we take simple rooms and transform them into dream spaces. The use of silver leaf gilding and painting on top of it provides a shiny and matte finish that turns the room into a fairytale land. This room, set in a home between the mountainous landscape of Vermont, parallels the outside snow, but with a childish warmth. Our range of services gives our clients limitless possibilities bound only by their imaginations.
www.monperedecor.com
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Quite the dream space! Especially like the curtained off beds - great for kids room -
3 Likes   April 3, 2013 at 11:52AM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
Great transformation! Lovely little ski retreat.
2 Likes   April 4, 2013 at 1:12PM
DIAspoton
very lucky kids. the bears in the woods are a nice touch as are the interior shutters.
2 Likes   April 4, 2013 at 1:19PM
PRO
Monpere Decor
Thank you Paradise Restored, Gabberts Design Studio and DIASpoton. I think we can all agree we would have loved having such rooms during our childhoods! We often use gilding for many of our projects. Let us know if you ever require such work. Would be great to collaborate.
0 Likes   April 4, 2013 at 3:55PM
PRO
Totally Kids fun furniture & toys
Brilliant room! What a clever idea using the curtains. Is that a hand painted mural on the walls?
1 Like   April 5, 2013 at 4:48AM
PRO
Monpere Decor
Thank you 'Totally Kids fun.' Gives each kid a little privacy in the shared bedroom of the ski home, specially for sleepovers. Each bed unit also has a little light on the inside if they want to read while they are hiding in there. We designed the furniture piece altogether. We also did the silver leaf gilding and hand painted the mural. Glad you like it. We specialize in many faux finishes, please let us know if you ever require such work. Would be great to collaborate.
0 Likes   April 5, 2013 at 9:56AM
laurae1967
I like the idea of the curtained bunks, but the color palette and foil wallpaper seem very out of place for a child's bedroom in a ski house. Seems too serious, dark, and monochromatic. And a white rug in a child's room? I just don't see that working out.
0 Likes   April 7, 2013 at 5:21AM
PRO
Monpere Decor
Laura, thank you for the opinion. It is a common dilemma of the professional interior designer to bring elegance and sophistication into the kids bedroom, specially for certain high end clients that require a a high level of class in every room in the house. Besides client expectations it is also important to take into consideration the age and sex of the kids... although a white carpet may have been a bad idea for a 5 year old boy, it takes on a different life in the room of an 11 year old girl as the plush white carpet is meant to emulate the snow that is falling from the mural as well as the snow that is falling outside. Also, the picture is deceiving, as what appears to be 'foil wallpaper' is actually hand gilded silver leaf...with a hand painted mural on top of it. In person, the silver leaf (perhaps one of the most difficult faux-finishes) is very lustrous and rather than dark...very alive with the movement of the spectator. I guess more than anything, this serves as a testament of the difficulty that is showcasing gilded work in pictures.
2 Likes   April 7, 2013 at 10:40AM