House exterior
L Matt
What to do on the front of house? Was thinking of covering light beige brick with a dark grey rock stone and painting it dark grey with a drk wood front door. Any suggestions? Cant find a pic online of a similar house redone.
rinqreation
Looks like a regular modern dutch home to me. Remove the shutters downstairs. Paint the garage door a mid-greige/petrol and get a modern more solid looking black front door. You could paint the window trims charcoal with mid-grey/petrol shutters, but I think there's nothing wrong with the colors, nor the brick.
April 4, 2013 at 3:50am     
wood doors are timeless.
April 4, 2013 at 9:20am   
money3737
I think a new garage door and a new front door, coupled with some upgraded landscaping in front, would do the trick.
April 4, 2013 at 9:41am   
Spending money on stone isn't your best return on how it looks here - the brick and paved steps are nice togther. I agree that changing your entry door combo or at least paint the sidelight black to match the shutters and consider a new color for the garage door or a new one, painting out the numbers and mailbox in black and then get a new entry light.

I would just tackle the contrast between the white eave and post and white brick chimney?) and the black fascia or gutter and roof. Putting a mid taupe (halfway between your brick and wall color above) and put that on all the trim / something darker taupe on all that would be nicer. Since some of your brick is painted now, it may be that you ought to pick a great deeper tone you like in this warm neutral / greige family and paint it all out.
April 4, 2013 at 9:59am   
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Nice clean lines on your contemporary home and I like the colors but not the shutters. I hope the roof is black or dark brown. I'd beef up the column with a square one and extend the line all the way across with an attached pergola with a small tiled patio beneath decorated with modern furniture and containers with ornamental grasses. I'd paint all the white trim either a chocloate or taupe. You don't have a long shot of your frontyard to suggest anything further but it appears that your driveway is very large therefore it needs to be made less prominent and more attractive.
April 4, 2013 at 12:08pm   
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Here's an example of an attached pergola :
April 4, 2013 at 12:12pm   
money3737
Agree with Caroline re: the larger column.
April 4, 2013 at 3:03pm   
Is it much too red?
I wanted red and pink to be the main color of our place. I...
Dining Table Center Piece
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for my dining table center...
bedroom area rug
We just put down a new wood floor in our bedroom &...
What type of ceiling is this? Groin vault? Cove?
Anyone have any idea what that would be called? I am...
Proud of your home?
Is there a particular room or spot in your home that...