How to put together a cozy, fresh, eclectic bedroom.
Brenda Hamdan
I am starting from scratch. I don't like all matchy-matchy furniture. I like my pieces to have a lot of storage. How can I combine different finishes, styles of furniture and make it all cohesive? I need 2 night tables, somewhat high off the ground. A long dresser with lots of drawers and an armoire to hide the TV. I keep leaning toward silver finishes but how do I mix it with wood?
rinqreation
You're talking bedroom, right?
The picture I found in your ideabook with looks really calm and luxurious. Like you can see there are two main colors, silvergrey and dark brown. All other shades stay really close to either silver (bit of blue or hint of beige) or brown (dark wood, stonegrey pillow) or at least inbetween the two (all greys). Some white was added to keep it fresh and some pop of color was made with plants (other colored deco would do fine too, for example a teal or purple).
Make a separate ideabook for this room and find inspiration here: http://www.houzz.com/photos/bedroom/%2Bsilver-%2Bwood-

April 4, 2013 at 2:44am     
Following on from rinqreation's suggestion (and good for her for checking out your ideabook to see what you like) and combining eclectic (which that beautiful photo above is anything but) here is an example from Houzz of eclectic and silver. If you click on the link you will see other viewpoints for inspiration

April 4, 2013 at 3:10am     
Brenda Hamdan
Thank you for your input. I do love the gray room. I have had a silver/gray broom before with purple. What baffles me is getting different color, textures, materials and finishes of the furniture to look like they belong together.
April 12, 2013 at 6:30pm   
studio10001
That can be accomplished through referencing: Silver metals and greys in different tonalities all reference eachother. Antique glaze finishes, dark woods and colors do the same.
April 12, 2013 at 6:42pm   
kitchen cabinets color?
The granite counter top in our new villa is salmony,...
Need advice on lighting for kitchen remodel
I'm remodeling my kitchen -keeping the white tile flooring;...
Tap water or bottled water?
When you're thirsty, what do you grab - the tap and...
Help decorate my new home!
I really like the country/little rustic/chic style....
I need help in my foyer
I have a really big ledge in my new foyer. It's about...