One sink in double vanity
Donna Dietz
I am building and need ideas for the master bath vanity. Since I will be the only person using it, I think that I should have only one sink. However, the architect has planned for a spacious two sink vanity. He has suggested that the bathroom be plumbed for two sinks, but install only one sink. That will help for future resale, but what about how it will look with one sink on one side of the vanity and lots of open countertop over the rest of the vanity?
Stamps Design Services
It would be better for resale to have two sinks in a master bath....Why pay to have plumbing and not install the second sink? Is space limited?
April 3, 2013 at 9:45pm     
Jacquelyn Boyet
Your architect is wise. Most people do want two sinks in their bathroom now. It can look fine with a vast counter top, but it won't look symmetrical. Maybe you could do a trough sink? I don't know what your style is but they can be modern or very cottage.
April 3, 2013 at 9:54pm     
great example from Jacquelyn Boyet, that provides the best of both worlds.
April 4, 2013 at 9:30am     
Granite Grannies
That should be absolutely fine. We see many clients redoing their bathrooms and only having one sink a double wide. It's always nice to have some asymmetry as well. Your architect is right on. Have it set up so it can be changed later, but just do one sink now. It will look great.
April 4, 2013 at 9:36am   
Stoneshop
Your idea sounds wonderful. While two sinks are popular, knowing that the plumbing is already there should not hurt your re-sale. Plus, you will love having all of that extra counterspace! Sometimes architects try to cram two sinks in there, when really it could be crowded having two people stand there at the same time.

]
April 4, 2013 at 10:16am     
Sidesplash - do I need one for my 8 foot double sink vanity?
I like the clean look without one, but don't want future...
One light or two over double sink vanity?
I have two cam lights in the ceiling above the vanity,...
60" double sink bathroom vanity - one mirror or two?
We are installing a new 60" double sink bathroom vanity...
Is there a double sink and one larger vanity mirror?
I would love to "attempt" to replicate this look in...
Advice Needed! Smaller couch or 2 chairs?
I plan to replace the white couch because it is too...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
Need help with window trim idea
I have remodeled kitchen in 1900 farm house. Cabinetry...