Stainless steel backsplash behind stove
pegnchas
April 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We will soon be remodeling our kitchen. We purchased a Bertozzoni 30" gas stove. We saw on their website under the accessories tab, that they offer a stainless steel backsplash to go behind the stove. Do you think that would be a good choice behind the stove. The rest of the kitchen backsplash will be mosaic tile with white sealed grout.
Your feedback would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
nasmijati
A solid surface backsplash behind a gas stove will be easier to clean.
April 4, 2013 at 7:08am     
PRO
Dytecture
sounds like a good idea and would provide some 'bling' to the kitchen.
April 4, 2013 at 7:55am   
PRO
Wyland Interior Design Center
Depending on the style of the kitchen, the Bertozzoni stainless backsplash will look more contemporary or modern. If your kitchen is going to be more traditional, then I like tile in an interesting layout.
April 4, 2013 at 8:04am   
PRO
Granite Grannies
Stainless steel would be a very neat look to contrast the more traditional mosaic! However, keep in mind that stainless is very hard to keep clean, especially if you are getting grease/ oil from cooking on it. What is your countertop material? Maybe you could just run that up behind the stove with a stainless steel trim? Revelation Bordeaux Granite: Full backplash behind the oven
Cary Bernstein Architect Eureka Valley Residence
Condo kitchen Blue Ridge Kitchen
Residential Gallery
Seaside whimsy in Centerville, MA
April 4, 2013 at 8:28am   
nasmijati
You could run your solid surface countertop material behind the stove for a backsplash. Grease/cooking oil spots would probably be less obvious than on stainless steel. Cleaning grease and cooking oil from the wall behind the stove is hard enough, and then there are the gas stove "yellow spots" to deal with, too.
I would suggest NOT putting grout behind a gas stove.
April 4, 2013 at 8:38am   
PRO
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
If your countertop is soid surface, i.e. Corian, the same material can be used for a full height splash using a "cove" connection between the two, which is hard seamed and sanded to provide a seamless transition. In addition the solid surface doesn't have to be color matched (same lot number) for the splash, just the same color.
April 4, 2013 at 8:45am   
PRO
Mike Troiani Restorations
I too suggest a solid, full height and width, backsplash. A mosaic or tiled backsplash is difficult to keep clean, and will soon be an eye sore. Quartz would be a good idea. It comes in many colors.
April 4, 2013 at 9:02am   
More Discussions
Cannot figure out this space
Our foyer opens out into the "Great Room". There is...
How would you separate the bed from the rest of the room?
The photos are of the same area but taken from different...
Best color/type floor for this living room?
I just bought this house and have to rip out the carpet....
Ugly fireplace dilemma
Plan on tearing out the nonfunctional fireplace, but...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™