Need help with countertops
ckake830
I am renovating the kitchen and knocked down a wall. Right now we are keeping the cabinets eleven though they are a little dated. I have been looking for granite countertops. My favorite colors so far are the whitish gray color granites? Does anyone have any suggestions of a good color that will go with these cabinets. Also I need to pick a wall color. I like the greige color scheme. Help needed. Thanks!,
latifeh
First thing pick your counter top and I think your option is good from their pick your wall color and you will be surprised for the countless options but yes gray will look nice but watch out with grays some grays will turn mauve after its on your wall in a different words after its too late
April 4, 2013 at 7:45pm     
mccdisco
have you thought about refinishing the cabinets? if you do refinish them , I would pick out the counter top first, move on to the finishing of the cabinets then go for the wall color, Even though granite has some beautiful patterns and color, we went with quartz just for the fact that is doesn't need to be sealed.
April 4, 2013 at 7:46pm   
I think a soapstone counter like this would look good with your cabinets. I'd do the walls an antique white, similar to this picture. The light walls look good with the trim on the windows. Cup handle hardware would look nice on the drawers as well. If you can swing pendants for the peninsula and a new chandelier to replace the ceiling fan your kitchen will look update.

April 4, 2013 at 7:51pm     
ckake830
Thanks for all your input. We did remove the fan. We put in two pendant lights and some lights over the stove. We also are going to paint the molding white. I would like to keep the cabinets but redo them. Any suggestions on cabinet refinishing?? Thanks
April 4, 2013 at 7:56pm     
latifeh
I restrained my cabinet from dark oak to dark red-forgot the name -but I think you know what I mean it turned to be really beautiful but I am with darzy pick first your counters then go with the color
April 4, 2013 at 8:06pm   
Granite Grannies
I think someone mentioned soapstone? That's a great stone to do if you like a soft grey. And it has a lot of historic character that could play up the more traditional cabinets. You might also look a a Taupe White Granite, River Valley Granite, Monte Cristo Granite, Super White Quartzite, or White Macaubas Quartzite Super White Quartzite White Macaubas Quartzite Monte Cristo Granite://www.houzz.com/photos/2473949/River-Valley-Granite-kitchen-countertops-dc-metro Taupe White Granite

Also, Viscount White is a great white and gray granite that is very reasonably priced: http://bramati.com/InventoryUI/ProductDetail.aspx?InventoryId=3151
April 5, 2013 at 8:46am   
Need Help with kitchen, I need new countertops, sink and backsplash
This is Old Victorian, and I need new countertops as...
Help! Need help deciding bathroom vanity countertop!
I am so undecided. I have a medium colour wenge vanity...
Help!!!! Need help choosing countertop for my kitchen remodel
I have currently ordered cabinets for our kitchen....
Need help with kitchen countertop!
We're in the process of building a home and we have...
need help in my kitchen
My floors cannot be changed, they are terra stone....
Can anyone help me find this color?
I have been looking for a color like this for my living...
White glass subway or carrera subway with black/white granite
Help! Should I do white glass subway tiles or carrera...
Laundry is in the garage, need to give the garage a boost.
Two car garage one of the cars pulls up to the washer....