Sanijet or Bain Ultra Tub anyone?
poulet
April 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Does anyone out there have a Sanijet or Bain Ultra tub? I'd love to hear feedback. I'm leaning toward the Bain Ultra because you can get it with something called Geyser Air and it keeps the water warm. I'm wondering how much an expense installation is with the extra wiring/plumbing. But more importantly, I'm wondering how relaxing either one of those tubs is. Anyone? Help?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
carolins
Just commenting to get you back in the picture again. Good luck with your dilemma.
April 5, 2013 at 4:01am     
PRO
Ironwood Builders
We've installed two Bain Ultras in the last couple of jobs. They use a remote blower that mounts to framing and simply plugs in. Because it is a fairly low amperage draw, a dedicated circuit is not necessary. The air flow goes through the back of the tub, warming it, and I've heard the bubbling action is pleasant...we don't really get to test drive the tubs...just fill them and watch them work. Not a forced jet of water like a spa, so no real massage action. The air does dry out the hoses and channels, so unlike a spa, there is less chance of mold build up. Both our recent clients have expressed positive reactions to the tub...
April 5, 2013 at 5:15am     
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Plumbing the Bain Ultra is no different than any tub with a deck mount Roman faucet. We did add a handheld telephone shower to each tub...and a diverter to switch between the spout and the handheld.
April 5, 2013 at 5:17am   
poulet
Thanks so much for the info-I really appreciate it. Interesting that you said "no real massage action" because it's advertised as "as close as you can get to a real massage" (not verbatim but close). So did the ones you installed feature the Geysair hot air jet system?
April 5, 2013 at 6:39am   
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Not that I can recall!
April 6, 2013 at 8:31am   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
My current client found the Bain to be very comfortable so she choose that one.
April 6, 2013 at 8:35am   
poulet
Well, i spent the better part of today looking at tubs. Not many Bain Ultra tubs on display here in Pasadena, CA or anywhere in L.A. that I can find. Found a great Bain Ultra tub, but this model is too big for this bathroom. The one that WILL fit in my bathroom doesn't have armrests and it just kind of basic and boxy. I think i'll get a big soaker tub and call it a day. At least I know it won't make any noise. Thanks, everyone--I really appreciate your inputs.
April 6, 2013 at 8:29pm