Need help with bathroom color
izunia33
April 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am having my master bedroom and bathroom repainted. For the bedroom I chose BM Saybrook Sage. The bathroom has dark blue tiles in the shower stall and on the trim (from previous owner). What color should I choose for the bathroom so as to avoid a clash with the bedroom walls? Thanks for any ideas!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
I think you probably need to go with a neutral that might bring the two colours together. How about BM rock candy? This is a greyed cream which has a sophistication that will work with your sage. Without knowing the undertones of your blue, hard to tell, but this is a good bet.
April 5, 2013 at 12:16am     
izunia33
ASVInteriors, thank you for the suggestion. I was also considering some such color, but a little darker (Shaker Beige or Brandon Beige). The blue is VERY intense blue, probably from when the house was first built (in the 50s).
April 5, 2013 at 5:45am   
PRO
ASVInteriors
Hmm I would try to avoid a beige that has too much yellow - it will reduce the colours to their primary bases: yellow and blue which is not a very elegant combination - and less so with the green. Keep is as light as you can with a hint of a grey to mute whatever colour your choose
April 5, 2013 at 5:57am   
izunia33
I hear you about the yellow and blue - these are the colors in the bathroom right now and they are hideous.... I am also thinking of painting an accent wall with BM warm sienna in the living room, but have not figured out the remaining walls. The room is not very bright, so I was thinking maybe BM clay beige or white sand? Also, what colors should I think of for the adjacent dining room? It also not very bright (there is a porch added so the amount of daylight coming in is minimal). I wanted to go with a soft red or pumpkin, but I fear it will make the room a dungeon. Green, on the other hand, would probably be too much of a clash with the warm sienna (I know sienna and green are complementary, but I do not want to make the house look too colorful either). Thanks!!
April 5, 2013 at 11:20am