Need help with bathroom color
izunia33
I am having my master bedroom and bathroom repainted. For the bedroom I chose BM Saybrook Sage. The bathroom has dark blue tiles in the shower stall and on the trim (from previous owner). What color should I choose for the bathroom so as to avoid a clash with the bedroom walls? Thanks for any ideas!
I think you probably need to go with a neutral that might bring the two colours together. How about BM rock candy? This is a greyed cream which has a sophistication that will work with your sage. Without knowing the undertones of your blue, hard to tell, but this is a good bet.
April 5, 2013 at 12:16am     
izunia33
ASVInteriors, thank you for the suggestion. I was also considering some such color, but a little darker (Shaker Beige or Brandon Beige). The blue is VERY intense blue, probably from when the house was first built (in the 50s).
April 5, 2013 at 5:45am   
Hmm I would try to avoid a beige that has too much yellow - it will reduce the colours to their primary bases: yellow and blue which is not a very elegant combination - and less so with the green. Keep is as light as you can with a hint of a grey to mute whatever colour your choose
April 5, 2013 at 5:57am   
izunia33
I hear you about the yellow and blue - these are the colors in the bathroom right now and they are hideous.... I am also thinking of painting an accent wall with BM warm sienna in the living room, but have not figured out the remaining walls. The room is not very bright, so I was thinking maybe BM clay beige or white sand? Also, what colors should I think of for the adjacent dining room? It also not very bright (there is a porch added so the amount of daylight coming in is minimal). I wanted to go with a soft red or pumpkin, but I fear it will make the room a dungeon. Green, on the other hand, would probably be too much of a clash with the warm sienna (I know sienna and green are complementary, but I do not want to make the house look too colorful either). Thanks!!
April 5, 2013 at 11:20am   
need help for bedroom wall color, flooring, & bathroom color
In our bedroom we have cherry wood furniture with black...
Need help with wall colors for kitchen and bathroom!
These following pics are of the kitchen and full bath...
HELP! Need color and decorating ideas for my new Master Bathroom!
Here is my new Master Bath.... I will be adding a chandelier...
Need help finding my bathroom color
So attached is the color I plan to use in my living...
Blocking a living fireplace?
Is it ever acceptable to put a sofa in front of a fireplace?...
Need help converting to a Craftsman Style look
I think this home would feel even more like home if...
need help with lighting dimensions....
I have a 72" farm house table. I want to hang a long...
Would you white wash the brick?
We just purchased a 1972 full brick ranch. I am interested...
Type of style?
I'm trying to redo my bedroom and I really like this...