Help!!! I want to paint my cabinets...
dfosrunnalls
I do not like my cabinets... The problem is the color of the countertop. I made a big mistake by letting my husband help pick the color. It's blue and was quite expensive. I am keeping the white appliances, not a fan of stainless. I love a country decor....I was going to paint them a country white but the shade will be darker than the appliances. Help I need opinions. Thank you!
soberg
The blue is not necessarily a mistake, we can make this work. In fact, it will look great! You will need to paint the cabinets and paint or replace the tin backsplash too, as its warm copper tone clashes badly with the pale blue counter.

Upper cabinets: white to match appliances. Lower cabs: same white OR a blue in darker tone of counter color. Backsplash is where you get to have fun, e.g. with Delft-look tiles or some sophisticated current equivalent. Actually any tiles that coordinate with your blue will work...just make sure the backsplash includes at least two colors already present elsewhere in the kitchen, plus others as you choose.

Floor is not visible but I hope it's polished wood or some subdued-looking tiles.
1 Like   April 5, 2013 at 3:12AM
dfosrunnalls
Thank you soberg. I was thinking about changing the backsplash... The one under the copper has tiles with grapes on them. They were driving me crazy so I covered them. I attached a few more pictures..
   April 5, 2013 at 3:25AM
Recreate and Decorate
Oh don't let the countertop worry you! It looks like it has a lot of possibilities. If matching the white with the appliances scare you, have you thought about a light gray for your cabinets? Your countertops looks to have a gray tint to them. As far as a backsplash, there are many options to coordinate with gray and blue. Good luck.
1 Like   April 5, 2013 at 3:52AM
dfosrunnalls
Thank you recreate and decorate!!! That also sounds like a possibility!!! I would love to change the backsplash also.
   April 5, 2013 at 8:44AM
dfosrunnalls
I did it!! Here is a picture of the after on the above kitchen. Thank you everyone for all the suggestions.
4 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 2:35AM
Need help for Living Dining room that measures 24x12.7
Anyone think this idea could work? Attached idea plus...
Bathroom tile dilemma - Advice needed asap!
Long question - Sorry! I am in the process of installing...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Please help me with this space.
I don't want to cover the window and the rad needs...
S.O.S. - PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS 50's KITCHEN!!!
I would love to keep the look of the plantation house...