Placing twin beds?
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
This is a very small room with a weird offset window configuration. Ideas on ways to disguise this would be appreciated. This is the only wall to place beds on!
nasmijati
Would it be possible to put bunk beds in the room?
April 5, 2013 at 11:19AM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
We thought about that. This room is at a beach house but adults will be using room! We are getting too old to climb ladders!
April 5, 2013 at 11:31AM     
skksk
What/ who will this room be used for. Must the beds stay? If you were using it as a guest space and were able to purchase new then perhaps a new twin bed with a trundle would work? If you must keep both twin beds then it seems you could treat the room as if the window isn't a problem with headboards and a small night stand between them. You could even dress e room up with curtains panels of each side of the head board wall. Keeping everything light would help a bit to keep it from feeling too closed in. Have fun!
April 5, 2013 at 11:31AM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
The walls will be painted white so that will hopefully help make the window "disappear" a bit There is very little natural light as the windows look out onto an atrium. The plan was to put in plantation shutters on the two windows.
April 5, 2013 at 11:35AM     
skksk
I can't see the entire room. Would you consider putting the beds together. If so could they be placed with the foot of the bed pointing to the two windows? That way you could have the windows stand on their own unrelated to the beds. Do have more pics of room
April 5, 2013 at 11:43AM     
skksk
What are the dimensions. Where are the door and closet?
April 5, 2013 at 11:45AM   
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
Not a lot to show. The room is shaped almost like a triangle so the wide double doors prevent using another wall for the beds
April 5, 2013 at 11:52AM   
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
second photo above was a mistake! The wall with windows is approximately 153 and the side wall (with the other window) is 146. That wall leads to the bathroom entrance so utilizing that whole wall won't work because of bathroom and the fact that the other wall slants!
April 5, 2013 at 12:01PM   
studio10001
Hi, Vrginia. I have two options: one is to place a large piece of artwork (or mirror) on the left, comparable in size to the window ( an arrangement of items can also accomplish this, w attention paid lest it get too busy.
The second is to continue the drapery treatment acrros the entire wall and include tiebacks for the window
April 5, 2013 at 12:07PM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
thanks for that idea!
April 5, 2013 at 12:18PM     
nicolenicolaysen
Is the window treatment you have Plantation shutters?? Maybe put plantation shutters closet doors as a head board on both beds. It will help with balance. The higher they go the better and in White. Also use white bedding you will help lead your eye up. Then a table in the middle. You have tan walls?? I think you said this was a beach home?? With the tan walls and the white head board going to the ceiling might be a good look. Good luck I'm sure it will turn out GREAT what ever you do.... Have fun!!! You can put a mirror the same size as the window behind the one shutter making people think that is a window also. Just an idea!!!
April 5, 2013 at 12:28PM     
Jessica McArthur
What about putting the beds in an "L" under the corner window and making a small nightstand corner piece to frame out the corner since the walls aren't even? Then you get some storage for the odds & ends and two adults can always sleep feet to feet.
April 5, 2013 at 12:28PM     
A. Peltier Interiors
A lot of times small spaces can be really hard to make look great until you add in all the bells and whistles and finish them. So it looks like you have two choices here for the layout. You can do an 'L' shape layout or you can leave the beds as is and put a cute chest in between them with a lamp and a great, large piece of artwork on the wall to the left of the window. You could even do a collage of art as well. Then on the window it really needs a roman shade. But first pick out some adorable bedding and do a euro sham on each bed and then an extra patterned throw pillow that sits in from of that. Then you can figure out what to do your roman out of. Once you start to put all of those things into the room and finish it off you will see how cute and charming the space is:) In the meantime, dont get bogged down by the limitations, just go with them and have fun. Sometimes the spaces that are most challenging at the beginning turn out to be the best at the end!
April 5, 2013 at 2:04PM     
Sally Waxman
I vote for a trundle bed for sure. When the lower bed is up you can push them together and effectively have a king. When you don't have guests the room won't feel so claustrophobic! This room was never meant to have two beds and it doesn't matter what is on the windows when it feels like there is no floor space! There is no way to make a tight space bigger but it is imperative that you don't emphasize the fact that it is a tight space by over furnishing. Silky Sally, Cincinnati
April 5, 2013 at 2:21PM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
Thanks for all of the ideas!!!
April 5, 2013 at 2:27PM     
Cozy Casita
Great advice from A Peltier Interiors. Since you have no choice as far as placement of the beds goes, start by dressing the space up and the inspiration for the rest will likely follow. I also totally agree with her, that the most 'difficult' or 'challenging' spaces often turn into the ones you end up loving the most. Not least because of the extra satisfaction you get from having overcome what might have first seemed like a major obstacle!
April 5, 2013 at 5:23PM     
Maureen Gillane
Is it possible to run the two beds in the corner? See pic.
April 5, 2013 at 7:04PM     
barb3333
Trundle Bed gets my vote
April 5, 2013 at 7:26PM     
midnightrose111
PBTeen has a corner piece that's specifically designed with this in mind. So I would maybe consider an L shape, or as other people said, focus on the decoration :)
April 6, 2013 at 1:21PM   
Nancy Andrews
Virginia, use 2 identical wall coverings, be it blinds, shades, whatever...one for the real window and one fake. Add matching toppers or curtains along with neural or small patterned comforters and cute pillows. Get or make 2 low, cheap headboards and move the bed under the window forward a bit so the beds are even. I see you have a wall outlet between them so add a cute table, nightstand or bookcase between them with a proportionate lamp and a couple of nicknacks of your choice. The lamp could also gravitate toward the wall placed bed while a floor lamp could be placed at the head of the bed that is moved forward giving it purpose to be in that position. It will be cozy and welcoming for your guests.
April 6, 2013 at 2:24PM     
April 6, 2013 at 2:45PM     
Living Life Photography
My only suggestion for the pic labeled Guest Bedroom above would be to maybe put rolling casters on the legs of the beds or small furniture movers of some kind. Doesn't look like there's a lot of room to move around. That would help make it easier for making the beds after slept in. You could slide them apart a little to get in between. The only disadvantage to that is how much the beds would move when people are sleeping in them.
April 6, 2013 at 9:12PM   
sandra1942
I had twin beds in my teenage room. A corner table with a bed on each side was a great solution. It also gives more space in the room.
April 6, 2013 at 9:39PM   
casbrow
Two Suggestions: Trundle Bed (2 single size mattresses which nest one under the other); Sleeper chairs where each converts to a single bed.
April 7, 2013 at 4:15AM     
Sleeper sofa with a foam topper can be quite comfy. Dress the room as a library/lounge unless it is your only bedroom.
April 7, 2013 at 4:21AM   
pattiegoode
Maybe it's because I am so jealous of your beach house, but I'm not that bothered by the lack of symmetry here. What about 1 full size bed instead of the twins? Will you have people staying that want their space? lol Consider a double mattress in the corner facing the window. I agree that the window treatments aren't helping & joining the two to make one will be good, IMHO. When I get my FL beach house, I'll have denim comforters & furniture so no one will worry about messing anything up! Congrats! Please post after pix! If you use my idea, do I get an invitation? ;)
Showhouse Bedroom for Teen Girl
Eclectic
Gracie Towhomes
April 7, 2013 at 5:10AM     
Kelly Tidd
Hi I also would say go with one bigger bed a guest room really doesn't need a lot of moving around space just a really a comfy bed a stand a lamp a clock. But if you really want to keep the twin beds then put one on the wall and turn the other so that feet are to the wall that makes it feel like it isn't as crowded.
April 7, 2013 at 7:37AM     
wandacunningham
Pattiegoode's photo Eclectic makes the most sense. Utilize a trundle bed and get some foam and decorator fabric to balance out the look of the wall. Floating shelf instead of a nightstand. Just be sure not to float any shelf at "bonking the head" height.
April 7, 2013 at 9:04AM   
Kevin Twitty- IBB Designer
April 7, 2013 at 12:22PM     
patriciarhall
a drapery wall behind the heads of the beds could be great!
April 7, 2013 at 2:08PM     
JWinteriors
The window hardware will jut out your window panels so they are flush with your wall. Use the 95" panels as they will go up to the ceiling for a cleaner/taller look. Add headboards to the beds and place a small table between them with a lamp. Add wall art and beautiful bedding.
April 7, 2013 at 10:38PM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
Each and every one of you have great ideas, many of which I have thought of myself. My first thought had been to do the L shape and have a table in the corner between the beds that was about ten or so inches higher than the beds and do bolster pillows to give the beds a more finished look. I have seen the pottery barn corner table - its so expensive!!! I wish I could find a square parsons end table that was big enough to work. If anyone has a source for those I would love to hear!
April 8, 2013 at 4:22AM     
chappygal1
A Day Bed trundle would offer a seating area when the beds aren't in use.
April 8, 2013 at 5:20AM     
pattiegoode
Check out Ikea. Great space saving ideas & very comfortable beds, which should be your goal in a guest room!
April 8, 2013 at 5:59AM   
sandra1942
Try used furniture stores. No need for table to be higher. You could almost build one, nobody sees anything but the top (if covers meet floor). There are so many types of tops. I did good old Formica in my sewing room; ten feet long. Anything else and the cost would have been $$$$! We got a wood-like finish with curved edges. Looks great. Also, the tables with fabric covers (Home Decorators, Grandin, etc.). They are usually round, but you could put any top on it.
April 8, 2013 at 4:37PM     
nchampagne
I had a small room w/ twin beds. I found a large side table (at a consignment shop) It was wide enough for one of the beds to slide under. I put blocks under legs to raise it high enough. Put table in corner. Put furthest bed along wall, put closet bed against other, but slid it under table. Id put the table under the window. It was easy and comfortable.
April 9, 2013 at 8:29AM     
bbamber
I like the L shape of beds in corner, but how do two people sleep at same time, head to head or toe to toe? I'd like to do same way but TV is in opposite corner so if do toe to toe, one person cannot watch TV in bed.? TV can't move (cable)
April 9, 2013 at 1:03PM     
sandra1942
That's why you should have a corner table. Each person's head has the table behind.
April 9, 2013 at 5:19PM   
readbetter
Maybe this will help you. Your room looks quite like my tiny back room that I'm making into a guest room. I've tried a daybed with trundle, two sleeper chairs, a small sofa and twin beds. There was a problem with all of them. I've just ordered a full bed with a small table/desk and lamp with small chair next to it. It is under a window like yours with a sliding door on side wall. I plan to dress it up with beautiful puffy bedding and pillows and drapes on the slider with a matching fabric Roman shade on window. The TV is on a narrow dresser opposite the bed. And, I always can use my stash of blow up mattresses for the children.
April 10, 2013 at 2:54AM   
Kitty Spooner
How about a wall unit that folds down into a bed?? That way, when there are no guests it can be used as a sitting room, reading room, study etc.... This is an Australian site, but I am sure there are plenty of U.S manufacturers. Www.smartbed.rtrk.com.au
April 10, 2013 at 3:28AM     
Mariah Perez
I think putting the beds in an L shape is better and you will have more room, besides instead of spending the money buying headboards or trundles you can spend the money in matching bedding and make it real nice and functional room... The picture that was posted showed the two beds and they look very nice.. You can also use it as a sitting area because they can function as a sofa in the daytime for kids. Good luck, please post pictures of what you decide.
April 10, 2013 at 3:44AM   
Mariah Perez
If you get a trundle bed than the bed has to be to a side in order to take the trundle out, and if only older people are going to stay there than that may have a problem opening and closing the trundle... That's something to consider too.
April 10, 2013 at 3:52AM   
alwaysdesigning
If it's a guest room only, I would not worry about a lavishly decorated space. Focus on maximizing the space. Place the twins side by side so each person has their own space and the beds could be separated if needed for some reason. Focus on maximizing the movement within the space. Use wall hung lamps/sconces/pendants and tables that attach to the wall and can fold down out of the way when not needed. Twin Sleeper Chairs that open into a twin bed can create sleeping just for the night and fold away and open the floor during the day with seating. The room can then be used for other functions and not just guests. Also consider repurposing and redesigning the closet; take off doors, open it up and build in shelves and lighting for an out of the waystorage/reading/dressing/decorative space. Removing the closet door will remove one more obstacle in your space and a bed can move directly in front of it. Good luck
[houzz=Rowe Stockdale Twin Sleeper Chair - Champagne]
[houzz=Twilight Sleeper Sofa]
[houzz=Library Office]
[houzz=Loft Home Office-Guest Bedroom]
[houzz=Book Nook]
[houzz=River Road Cottage]
[houzz=refinished IKEA daybed]
April 10, 2013 at 6:02AM     
pamstmalo
I have this challenge in our family vacation home as well. Just purchased the Pottery Barn corner piece which was on sale. Otherwise, yes it would have been expensive! My beds might be a little high against the built in shelves, but if so, I will put casters on the piece to raise it. You need to have the space along the walls to fit the corner piece (whatever you are using) plus the length of the bed, which will again limit your choices.
April 10, 2013 at 8:43AM   
Linde Carlson-Zirschky
You can purchase a trundle assembly to use with existing mattresses. But if you prefer to just keep the beds as is, I think your idea of draperies across the whole wall is great. Due to light issues, keep them light and airy. You can buy crisp white light filtering drapes at IKEA in a set of 2 for only $14.99! You could easily go ceiling to floor, wall to wall to match white walls. Pick up a little color in coverlets or pillows and keep the rest simple! A dreamy escape.
April 10, 2013 at 9:54AM     
skaiser1951
The most effective use of space in a small or odd shaped room like that (IMHO) is the 'L' configuration with bolsters, or like Kitty Spooner alluded to - Murphy beds! I have seen some nice versions of these with bookcases and such built around them, which has the end result of multi-purposing the room. If all you need is room to have more guests sleep when they aren't out enjoying the beach or socializing in the common areas, I think Murphy might be your ticket. Have fun!
April 10, 2013 at 10:19AM   
betappel
You can build your own Parson's table by buying legs from Home Depot and cutting the top exactly to the size you want, using 1x3 around the edges. If you put a pretty tablecloth on it, you wouldn't even have to finish it beautifully and if it were floor length, you could use the space to stow stuff that you wanted to hide when you had company, but needed out when you didn't. Just an idea. A Parson's table is very very easy.
April 10, 2013 at 10:32AM     
lilion
Have you checked out this Discussion? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/221611/Need-help-on-placing-two-twin-beds-in-L-shape

Also, this website has plans for a corner storage table to go between twins in an L shape. http://ana-white.com/2010/05/plans/corner-unit-twin-storage-bed

When I was young, my best friend and her sister shared a bedroom and their beds were like this. Their father constructed a simple plywood box, with a hinged lid, that they used in the corner. It served as both their headboard/table and they could use it for storage of linens, etc. It doesn't have to be expensive to look nice.
April 10, 2013 at 10:37AM   
chappygal1
One of my family members did this: one bed and one trunk bed. The trunk really ads tons of charm to the room when the bed inside isn't being used and when it's folded up, there is ample floor space in the room.
April 10, 2013 at 10:55AM     
sclusie
I would put a small, taller square table in the corner as a "headboard" maybe 3 feet square..... and then
have the heads of the beds come off of that on each wall.... large round rug on the floor in a bright color.
tallish lamp on the table with a tray for water..... different quilts on the beds in the same tones, and then the
same dust ruffle..... If the smaller table has a lower shelf.....books and personal items can go there. sb
April 10, 2013 at 11:09AM   
Linde Carlson-Zirschky
This room is for older adults.....if I understand your original post. Would assume some sophistication, vacation getaway feeling would be more approriate than if it were a kids room as many seem to suggest.
April 10, 2013 at 11:18AM     
louisefontaine
maybe try placing beds in a ''L'' shape, and depending on space add square 39'' table at head of beds. If no space for table place à 39'' curtin at joint for intimacy.
April 10, 2013 at 11:46AM   
Vivian Rase
Many of the suggestions are similar and I'm in agreement with the idea of using one window treatement across the entire wall, giving the appearance of a larger window. If the drapes (I'd do floor to ceiling) were on a track when you wanted to to let light in simply open the treatment half way exposing the window. Have the track open right to left.

If I did a trundle, I'd use a day bed and place it with the back to the window wall, and still use a wall of drapes as a back drop. It would be soft and comfy and the most roomy option. Also a nice option for guests by providing nice seating during the day. Day bed would def be my preference.

The picture I included is more of a window seat, but it gives the idea of how a day bed might fit into the space
April 10, 2013 at 1:32PM     
Laurie
@ chappygal1 - Where can one find the trunk trundle you posted about?
April 10, 2013 at 1:53PM   
Laurie
April 10, 2013 at 3:34PM   
Mariah Perez
That trunk is to much money to be spend for something like that, in that case you can get an ottoman with a mattress inside.. That's nice for extra company.
April 10, 2013 at 4:15PM   
Mariah Perez
There are less expensive from 200 dollars and up... Look at this one from Costco.
April 10, 2013 at 4:21PM     
Mariah Perez
This one is less than 300 dollars and it soft when is closed
April 10, 2013 at 4:21PM     
mountainglory
What if you put draperies across the entire wall, being able to pull them away from the window when you need the light.
April 10, 2013 at 4:53PM     
stefaniam01
I think the Lshape is great whilst maintaining your existing furniture. I would make an exaggerated head board that runs the length of the bed against the main wall and continue it around to meet the window. Make some curtains that compliment the headboard fabric - keep if plain and simple and add softness with lots of comforters etc. Another option is to remove one bed completely and purchase a fold out ottoman - we have one in our sons room which was great in our previous home when he was younger and his friends would sleep over. It was really comfortable. Small expense really and you can have a room for one or two as and when needed.
April 10, 2013 at 5:01PM   
stefaniam01
sorry @mariahperez just noticed your post! Ditto :)
April 10, 2013 at 5:02PM     
Mariah Perez
Lol.. We think alike
April 10, 2013 at 5:03PM   
Cozy Casita
Hi, deco, yes, I saw the move around pics. I actually prefer the way the room looked before anything was moved .. for the reasons given in my first post. The only things I didn't like in the original were the bare looking wall with the laundry room door and the scale of the two chairs opposite the sofa. I think treating that wall as a window wall and using drapes to cover the laundry room door (hardly an inconvenience since the laundry room is probably not in constant use) and using slightly chunkier looking chairs (or even something like the little setee that you posted) would make the entire room look more comfortable.
April 10, 2013 at 6:39PM   
29thaug
I would buy a short white bedhead bookcase, it gives backing for a pillow & gets the bed off the wall with useful storage for books & bits & pieces. If you can afford it, white plantation shutters would look great too! A modern relaxed beach theme......
April 10, 2013 at 7:57PM     
Vivian Rase
I'm not getting the trunk bed thingy. It seems just to add an unnecsessary piece of furniture when a day bed or trundle would serve the purpose and save space.
April 10, 2013 at 9:43PM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
I drew the L shape configuration to scale on paper and its pretty tight.... the foot of the bed on the right will be within two feet of the door to the bathroom. I will really have to wait until I go again and the workers are gone before I can see if that works. My next thought is to drape the two windows and just deal with the room the way it is. By draping those windows, at least the visual of the way the window wall is recessed will not be so noticeable. You all have had such great suggestions and I appreciate it so much! We really want to keep beds in there rather than a sleeper because they are so uncomfortable (in my experience). I have sent all of the measurements to my workroom to weigh the cost of draping the entire wall vs just the window. It will be a few weeks before we go again so I will keep you all posted!!!
April 11, 2013 at 4:25AM     
sandra1942
I haven't commented on the draped wall, but I think it's too big for such a small room. I'm uncertain which wall using the L-shape is the problem. Maybe that bed should go to the wall and the other from that bed. This is hard without pictures, but there was a picture above from Maureen Gillane(?) showing one way. You could change the right side to the wall and the from the bed. Hope I'm making sense here. The windows in that room were similar and not overpowering. If i couldn't do them the way you have them or side-by-size, that would be my choice.
April 11, 2013 at 7:59AM   
Laurie
Could you draw out the room and add the dimensions and post it? That would help.
This is a really good site to use for room planning. I used it for my son's room. Worked out great. I was able to easily adjust the furniture dimensions to mine and arrange his room. http://urbanbarn.icovia.com/icovia.aspx
April 11, 2013 at 8:16AM   
lesch
Personally, adding drapes/curtains on the wall to create the look of a faux window seems like a waste of money and could make the room less functional, not to mention guests may find it odd when they try to look at the view. I like your idea of adding light curtains to the windows themselves, plantation shutters, or roman shades. Isn't there enough room to put the two twin beds close together and place the headboards against the solid back wall (and against the solid corner wall if space is needed on the other side) as someone else suggested? Otherwise, a day bed makes the most sense and you can still use your mattresses--you only need the frame. You might be able to find a used frame and, if wood, paint it white.
April 11, 2013 at 9:36AM   
giggles60
I saw this some time ago on Pinterest and thought it was such a good idea. Maybe it will work for you. This is a DIY project created using two foam mattresses that can be reconfigured to be a couch or a bed. I hope the pic is clear enough. If not, just type this in at pinterest.com- "twin beds L couch"
April 11, 2013 at 11:05AM   
kissyface
I agree with the comment where she suggests a large piece of artwork . I wouldn't put two beds touching each other unless the adults in the room are married.
April 11, 2013 at 11:19AM   
Vivian Rase
a wall of llight solid fabric drapes can be a very serene backdrop and since they don't break up the wall appear serene. they can always be returned. Could be worth a shot. I go for a cozy look in my own home and soft fabric adds to that aesthetic. Small spaces seem larger if the decor is less busy ie fewer items
April 11, 2013 at 11:22AM   
wandacunningham
I sure hope that, after all these great suggestions, something (trundle bed, etc.) is utilized. lol
April 11, 2013 at 12:40PM     
Vivian Rase
here are some photos of day beds. the first one appears to be the exact space that you have. you can invision airy drapes behind it. I also like the example of the mural, with a light drapery covering the window. I included a nice day bed for purchase.
April 11, 2013 at 2:08PM     
Vivian Rase
Virginia, what a tool I am. I didn't see your second photo. Having seen that, I'd still use a daybed with trundle, use light airy window treatments over the two windows and now I really like the idea of the mural in my above photo
April 11, 2013 at 2:29PM     
Callie Henrichs
Small bedrooms can be done. This room was only 8x12 with a table between. Obviously, you would want something more mature, but it can be done with matching bedding, and accessories.
April 11, 2013 at 5:38PM     
sandra1942
I agree with Callie. Keep it simple and uncomplicated. No drapery wall. Simple window treatment. Don't overload your guests. Less is more.
April 11, 2013 at 6:13PM     
wandacunningham
Day bed (trundle) per Vivian, corner mural, simple window treatment.
April 11, 2013 at 8:18PM     
Vivian Rase
Good luck with your projectVirginia and please post your finished photos. I love seeing how something comes together!
April 11, 2013 at 9:18PM     
axlee
I once did a guest room similar to this (offset single window) by draping the entire wall. The rod was a beefy wooden one with wooden rings. The drapes were a chintz in a garden print. I did a tie-back on the drapes that drew the drapes open ALMOST to the inner frame so that it created the illusion that the window might go on and on. (Depending on the thickness of the fabric you choose, you may have to line the curtains to maintain the illusion.) I had a blind on the window so this was the operable part of the window treatment through which to control light and privacy. It looked fantastic and I still think back on that room fondly (moved since). You could do something similar with a print that speaks to your beach location and then I'm a big fan of the twin beds with matching bedding. Simple and cute for a beach house.
April 12, 2013 at 6:04PM     
mugsy1703
Build out below the window at the head of the right bed and make it even with the rest of the wall. Then at least the two beds will be evenly placed. The ledge can be use for placing a lamp, book, clock radio etc.
April 21, 2013 at 4:59PM     
Callie Henrichs
Great idea mugsy1703, it would make great storage space too, with a lifting lid. You could have a window seat cushion on it if you go for two beds or a table space.
April 21, 2013 at 5:41PM   
theshirl
We have a trundle bed in our guest bedroom and love the idea. However, when an adult who is used to a full sized bed or more sleeps in the trundle, they have a difficult time with the constricted space. I don't sleep well and one night I had to sleep in the trundle, and I just did not have the freedom that a full or even a twin bed offers. I am a very neat sleeper (I do not move a lot at night) but that night I woke up with every turn. It was not my pillow either! I carried my pillow from our bed to the guest room beause it makes me relax!
April 22, 2013 at 7:01PM   
karenslikes
Do you mean constricted space because of the head/ side panels? My daughters had hi-riser with only headboard so it looks like a twin bed. Took up a lot less space than the fancy trundle I have now both separated or became a king size with no side arm confinement. P.S. window could have pole/grommet drape opened to the corner and closed for privacy tan and white color palette would keep it light and beachy.
April 22, 2013 at 7:53PM   
theshirl
This trundle has 3 sides enclosed and one side open for entry so that it looks like a couch. It looks great as it is a brushed metal and very sleek. However the back which is against the wall was constricting to me. My mother in law also spent a week with us and slept in that bed, and said the same thing but I though that maybe she was a little fussy. Until you sleep and hour in someone else's bed.... ;)
April 22, 2013 at 7:58PM   
karenslikes
I know exactly what you are talking about. I always sleep upside down when in mine. But damn it sure looks pretty.
April 22, 2013 at 8:36PM   
karenslikes
Virginia just need a large decor on wall a starburst mirror oe large picture of a beach scene. I would paint lower half of room off white or headboard. Kevin the beachy theme. Guests are just happy you invited them a small table with water bottle and tissues and thy are happy!
April 22, 2013 at 8:51PM   
karenslikes
I can't type above Kevin should bee keeping and headboard should be breadboard. Sorry.
April 22, 2013 at 8:53PM   
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
We have a trundle bed at another house by Charles Rodgers. The trundle that fits under it pops up to bed height when it comes out so you don't feel like your are sleeping on the floor. That could be a solution .. Going down on Tuesday of next week so I will be reporting back with more info!!!!
April 23, 2013 at 4:52AM     
Virginia Hendrick Haddad
Question: does anyone find sleeping less comfortable without a box spring??? Just curious because the trundle would have to lose its box spring.
April 23, 2013 at 4:52AM   
handymam
Virginia, the pop up trundle sounds like the ideal solution. A box spring really doesn't add anything to the bed except height--getting it up off the floor. So to answer your question, once you are on the mattress, even if it is on the floor, it doesn't really matter.
April 23, 2013 at 5:07AM   
karenslikes
Pop up trundle is fabric and springs comfortable with 7 inch mattress
April 23, 2013 at 6:54AM   
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
What do you use to wash your windows and how often do you do it?
This has got to be one of my most dreaded chores, but...
Blueprint update
I'm thinking if replacing the utility sink for a spot...
Struggling with paint colors.
I love color. And lots of it. I just redid my powder...
Concrete over a plywood subfloor with 16" on center floor joists
The original plan was to do a 2" concrete pour over...