Pella Proline Windows "250 and 450 Series" ....Any experience you can share?
Joann Yurchesyn
April 5, 2013 in Other
We recently purchased a larger home with Pella ProLine 450 Series windows throughout. Many are custom. Not too long ago, we found out that these windows (those manufactured as Pella ProLine brand casement, awning and/or transom windows (including 250 and 450 Series) and manufactured by Pella Corporation between 1991 and 2006, are defective and failing due to water intrusion at the seams of the exterior vinyl clad. First, the seals will fail and the window fogs. Then, ... the wood window casement eventually rots out. Pella is in the middle of a Class Action Lawsuit over these poorly constructed windows. As new homeowners, we wanted to reach out to find other homeowners who may have some experience in dealing with Pella and this lawsuit. We are unsure about what step to take here. The information is unclear to us. For more information, go to www.windowsettlement.com
DIAspoton
wish i knew who made my windows. the house was built in 1987. all wood, no vinyl. thermopane.
many of the seals are broken on the windows and french doors. foggy and looks awful. on the list to replace this yr.
good luck with pella.
1 Like   April 5, 2013 at 3:15PM
Joann Yurchesyn
No writing on the windows? There's usually some obscure, minuscule script somewhere down in a corner. We had bad luck with windows in last home in VA built in 2003. The seals were also failing and fogging. I managed to figure out that they were manufactured by a local company in Rocky Mount, VA called MW Windows, now called Ply Gem. I found out that they had a 10 year warranty but wouldn't honor it b/c I was not the original homeowner. So, I did what every homeowner would do, .... I fibbed and had new ones delivered free of charge. Do some investigating, look closely for markings.
   April 5, 2013 at 7:34PM
hrhpri
We are currently planning new construction, and I think our builder plans to use this line. I had heard about Pella's issues and was nervous, but assumed the newer ones would now have resolved those issues. Anything we should do proactively to help ensure our new windows are quality?
   April 9, 2013 at 11:11AM
Joann Yurchesyn
For what it's worth, Pella makes great windows and doors and I don't think you have anything to worry about. The proline window line is top of the line and they are excellent now. These windows were manufactured when the market was smoking hot and from what I understand they produced too many, too fast.
   April 25, 2013 at 7:39PM
Pella 450 Series vs. Pella Design Series
Hello, In our first house (2002) we purchased Pella...
Are the windows Pella Proline?
Are the windows Pella Proline?
What type of window blind can you put on 10 ft roll out pella windows?
Each bedroom in our new home has one large 10 ft. roll...
Replacement windows experience? Pella, Simonton ??...
We bought a home in Tampa we love, but has single paned...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Kitchen back splash help please!
I'm having a very hard time choosing a back splash-...
Input from owners of marble kitchen counters ..
I'm looking for input from people who have marble kitchen...
Choosing the right kitchen faucet in proportion to the sink.
In my kitchen I am putting in the large 39 1/2" wide...