Not sure what to do about the closet nook in the bathroom
Elizabeth Missick-Taylor
April 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So we bought our first house and have been renovating everything room by room. Were at a stand still in the 2nd master bath. This room was the previous owners color experimental room...purple closet, green tub and toilet, blue upper walls, mulitcolored mosaic tile lower walls and touches of yellow/orange around the closet. But thats not the problem! (can you believe it) The issue is how to best utilize the space where the closet was.??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mousemaker
Congrats on your first house! I think your assessment is right on about it being experimental :) what were they thinking? So are you hoping to use that space as a closet again? perhaps a linen closet? it seems ideally located if I am looking at the pictures correctly.
1 Like   April 5, 2013 at 2:35PM
Elizabeth Missick-Taylor
Thanks for the suggestion. We have been going back and forth between a ceiling to floor linen closet or a makeup vanity with storage on one side. There is a working electrical outlet on the right wall and electrical run for a light fixture above. Ideally I would like to have storage and counter space but the layout is whats stumping me. If you look at the last picture you'll notice that the main vanity is about a foot longer than the left wall of the nook creating a sub-nook lol. How do I maximize all the space?
0 Likes   April 7, 2013 at 10:11AM
mousemaker
maybe? considering how much experimenting was done in this space :) you should have a professional look at it and make sure that the electrical and plumbing are okay. I would be a little nervous about it, you know? a vanity is a great idea, although you might be able to have one somewhere else and then you would be able to have more storage space near the bath. i'm a big storage space person so maybe i'm not the one to advise on this :) I wish I had a linen closet, but mine was converted into a bathroom!!
0 Likes   April 7, 2013 at 10:32AM