We need help with wall collars
dima1975
Can't find collar for the walls
Junky Fresh
Dima- You're kitchen backsplash tiles and you're cabinets give your space lots of warmth. You could brighten up your walls with a buttery creme color? Behr makes a nice one called "Raffia Creme". (You can get this at Home Depot) Good luck!
April 5, 2013 at 6:54pm     
Shannon Pavey
Your kitchen looks great! I have oak cabinets and debating between painting or leaving them alone. You've shown that oak can look great! I would go with a nice neutral on the walls. Something not too dark.
April 5, 2013 at 7:04pm     
kipplockwood
To my eye, because you chose the black countertops, the backsplash is being cast more to the dark side of its color hues. Also since the cabinets are sort of an orange-ish color using an opposite on the color wheel would cause them to stand out more. Using the medium or light gray tones in those tiles, because there is a slight bluish cast to them, might work to both extend the wall all the way to the ceiling making it feel larger and also make the cabinets stand out visually. You also have sort of committed to that color by using the stainless steal appliances, this might help tie all things together.
April 5, 2013 at 7:21pm     
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
I love, love LOVE that deep "caramel" color you have to the right of the cabinet, nearest the open wall. That's my tatse to a "T" and for me? I think it makes the cabinets soften up and the black your "spike" accent. It's classic, it's fresh and it's Modern all at the same time.
April 5, 2013 at 8:38pm     
Ed
I feel your backsplash kind of dominates. :) Curious to see your final choices for the wall colors -- please post photos. :)
April 5, 2013 at 9:11pm     
I think a wall color of blue/gray from the tile would complement everything. Pick the blue/gray from the tile. It may take a few swatches to find the perfect color, but worth it.
April 5, 2013 at 9:29pm     
ginale
I agree with Darzy.
April 6, 2013 at 6:49pm     
LB Interiors
I agree with Darzy also, and would keep the blue gray a soft shade, a little lighter than what is in the tile.
April 6, 2013 at 7:02pm     
Cindy Quinton
I've got to go with Greg and say the warm luscious caramel color. It just adds to the warm feeling the kitchen exudes. That is exactly the kind of kitchen my buyers tend to love around here.
April 6, 2013 at 7:23pm     
calikym
I like the paint "as is". Nice job modernizing your kitchen, especially the backsplash. Really changed it up! :)
April 6, 2013 at 7:24pm     
Modern Age Designs, LLC
I would also agree with Darzy - in face I was about to write that as soon as I saw the back splash because that's the color that would complement the cabinets and work well with everything in the kitchen. A soft blue/gray shade would look beautiful.
April 6, 2013 at 7:33pm     
Junky Fresh
LOL that was my other choice, some sort of light dove grey would play off the tile and cabinetry nicely. Dima pleas come back and send us pics of whichever color you chose when youre done! I come here to learn just as much as to try to help. :)
April 7, 2013 at 8:55am     
dima1975
Yes, no.... Possible?
April 9, 2013 at 5:55pm   
Shannon Pavey
If you like the warmth of the cabinets, that color will bring out the golden tones. Otherwise, I'd go for a cooler tone. Like a greige... Check out Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter or Rockport Gray. If there's a Benjamin Moore retailer near you, pick up one of these color palette books. Very handy tool in selecting colors. :)
April 10, 2013 at 5:52pm   
Shannon Pavey
Here is a photo of a kitchen with lighter cabinets and BM Rockport Gray walls. The wall color plays off the colors in the backsplash and unifies the space.
April 10, 2013 at 5:57pm     
brody1313
I like a gray color more like Shannon's picture....a deeper gray to contrast with the cabinets....good luck
April 10, 2013 at 6:25pm   
dima1975
Thanks for the advice! The current color is BM Dior Gray but I will check out the Rockport Gray as you suggested. Will let you know how it goes!
April 10, 2013 at 6:30pm     
We need help deciding: hardwood vs. wall to wall carpeting
We're an older couple, and we are replacing our current...
Need Help for a large wall in living room, What do we do!?!
Wall is 17'1", ideas were to add a bar/wet bar area,...
We Need Help with Our Fireplace Wall
My husband and I want a fireplace wall that works with...
Why are curtains so hard?
Not sure why curtains are so difficult for me. Open...
how wide a sink base cabinet required for a 29" farm sink?
I'm designing a small kitchen where every inch counts!...
What's your best housekeeping tip?
Occasionally my 12 year old daughter will clean the...