Need Help for My Living Room Curtain and Rug Colors
clarklois
Hello guys,

I am about to getting married and we are trying to decorate our house these days. I love flower pattern and Shabby Chic style so much but dont wanna make my room messed with patterns everywhere. So I think I should use plain rugs and curtains (not patterned). But the problem is what color they shoul be? I attach my room's wallcolor and sitting group's fabrics. The two wing chairs and the chairs around the dining table will be flower patterned fabric. Sofas will be plain fabric.

Thanks for reading my post ;)
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I think a muted white with the tinest hint of either cream or blue will work with these colours - white is too harsh, I am looking at BM ice mist as it has a bit of the blue in it (but with the proviso that my monitor may not show the true colour so please check); the pinks will warm up the colours and offset any cold.
If you use a standard classic cream/natural fibre for your sofas (Pottery Barn do an off-white colour) this will add the warmth and you can change out cushions and throws to add the colour you need to tie them in.
April 6, 2013 at 3:13AM     
carolins
You are asking for rug- and curtain colours, yes? Because ASV seems to have given you advice on sofa and wall colour, but I thought you've got those sussed already.

What kind of curtains are you going for? Will they be floor to ceiling? Or Roman blinds?

I'd like a natural fiber rug with the romantic look of the fabric you've chosen. So as it will not be too 'sweet' looking. So I'd go for a jute or a wool/jute one like the ones below:

Chunky Wool & Natural Jute Rug
Color-Bound Chenille Jute Rug

Although I also like the idea of a muted toned Persian style rug (depends on your budget, needs to be huge for rugs like this) The ones below could be entirely wrong with the fabric on your chairs, but could also add a stunning twist:
Gable Colors Rug
Peshawar Traditional Hand Knotted Maison Lt. Blue Rug

Is this the sort of look you're going for?
CR Laine
April 6, 2013 at 4:26AM     
clarklois
Thanks for the blessings ASV... Yes you're rigth plain white will be too harsh with my soft colors. Based on the ideas you've given I think cream may go with for the rugs.

Hi Carolins,

yes I need colors for rugs and curtains. I've already chosen my wall color and sofa fabrics. The curtains will be floor to ceiling.

I really like the wool/jute ones!

An the last pic is sums up what I want. Just a tad bit more vivid maybe cuz the blue of my sofa fabric is a little harsh I think.
April 6, 2013 at 5:09AM   
sixteen fourteen
I think natural linen drapes would work best. Try Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn. It sounds like it will all come together very well!
April 6, 2013 at 5:14AM     
sixteen fourteen
For rugs, I really like the top two that carolins posted. Here are some drapes from Ballard, so pretty and not too expensive: http://www.ballarddesigns.com/herringbone-burlap-panel/panels-draperies/window-treatments/245344?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=10
April 6, 2013 at 5:17AM     
carolins
Just noticed your name: sounds you've found your Superman :-) Lovely. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

For curtains: I like the idea of natural linen drapes that sixteen fourteen suggests. Think about doing a band along the long hem of the curtains (where they come together when closed) in a darker or lighter colour (like the colour of the rug or of the wall) to give a little interest.
April 6, 2013 at 5:33AM     
Warner Decor
Hi! Love the patterned seating! Here is a rug that I think would match the blue very well:
http://deciture.com/shop/rugs/7/coleharbor-area-rug/
February 13, 2014 at 1:02PM   
While this is a Sherwin Williams analysis of your fabrics, I think you'll see a direction to go with the alpaca, as well as the halcyon and retreat. You could use the alpaca on the walls and one of the greens for drapes.
February 13, 2014 at 1:29PM     
Nancy Walton
This is an old thread
April 23, 2014 at 8:32AM     
How wide does a shower need to be to only have two sides? I want an o
I want an open shower feel. There will be two sides...
back splash to coordinate with Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo?
Our kitchen is being installed but I'm stuck as to...
MDF tongue and groove wall paneling versus wood (pine for example)
Anyone able to provide some advice on benefits for...
Need help designing 8x 11 bathroom
....the toilet is already in another area of its own...
Cushions
I'm making do with old black leather sofas until we...