I need suggestion of decoration for a hair salon in house.
irvine21
April 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need all your suggestion of decoration and painting.thank you
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rinqreation
Something neutral (white, black, brown, earth) with as natural light as possible, so people will feel comfortable and all colors look natural. Not too much color, but enough playful textures to keep things alive. Is there a style you would like to use? A part of your personality?
Surrender Salon
Vintage Capitol Hill 1
Vintage Capitol Hill 2
ADELAIDE
Contemporary Bedroom
Commercial
0 Likes   April 6, 2013 at 12:43PM
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
Be sure your lighting is complimentary to skin tone and positioned to avoid shadows so when clients look at themselves in the mirror they see an appealing reflection.
0 Likes   April 6, 2013 at 8:49PM
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Hi, My sister has one in her home...she does both cuts & color. Scott Design is right. Do not cheap out on electric. You need lumens closest to natural sunlight...you should go to a pro lighting showroom-not home depot-and get the right sconces and overhead lighting. Also try to get plenty of natural light in the area or even a skylight.

I also think the area needs to be defined from the rest of the house, and quiet and private if you have kids in the home. I'd use a quiet rock or wool Roxul insullation -You need peace and quiet. If you use a laminate or wood on the floor use the right liner for quiet . It totally makes a difference.

This is an investment in your future so you really want your clients to appreciate the area-it should not seem like an after thought. They need to understand that they are more important and no home drama should be involved in their time.

Here is the link that goes under the wood floors and their carpet padding in the best I've ever used. I'd do the 7/8ths if you do happen to do a commercial carpeting. http://www.healthierchoice.com/productsSoundSolution.aspx
0 Likes   April 6, 2013 at 8:57PM
PRO
Project Guru
I love the graphic wallpaper but you can achieve the same look with large stencils and paint these days without having to remove the wallpaper a few years down the road: check out royaldesignstudios.com: their stencils are easy to use and they have amazing designs that you can take into any color scheme you like.
0 Likes   April 6, 2013 at 9:14PM