Questions about Caesarstone
lilychka
April 7, 2013
My kitchen has a hard to reach corner. In order for me to reach the cabinet in it, I need to actually get on top of the countertop that's underneath. I keep things I rarely use in that cabinet, but I do need to get up there about once a month.

I am now getting a new countertop. Any thoughts on how fragile Caesarstone is? I couldn't find any specifications on weight per area that Caesarstone can support. I am concerned that it may crack if I stand on it.

Also, I know that it's claimed to be non-porous. But how easy in practice is it to wash off, say, turmeric from it? I am considering a light colour, but I spend a lot of time cooking, and would prefer not to spend my life cleaning the countertop. :)

Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ed
Lily, another thing to consider is not only the weight per area of Caesarstone, but also of your cabinet casing. If you only need to reach that cabinet once a month, maybe it's better (safer?) to use a small ladder instead of standing on your counter? :)
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 3:25AM
lilychka
Thank you for this suggestion. I'll talk to my contractor about cabinet casing - we will have new cabinetry as well.

A ladder won't help - it'll give me the height, but the problem is with the depth of the countertop. The 'mysterious corner', as we lovingly call it, is over a staircase leading to the basement, so the countertop is 3 ft deep in the corner. The closest a ladder can be placed is 3 ft away, and my arms won't reach that far. :)
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 4:04AM
PRO
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
The polyester resin in Quartz makes it stronger than granite, there is alot less breakage with quartz at installs than with granite because of that reason. The levelness of the cabinets is extremely important when hard surfaces are installed. If they aren't perfectly level the counter top installers will shim where necessary to prevent breakage, but shims aren't very big and don't provide full support in any given area.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 5:20AM