Need help with 1/2 bath - color? flooring?
carol1903
I have a narrow 1/2 bath; split by the door - when the door is open, the toilet is behind the door (on the left) and the sink (with cabinet) is on the right. To get to the toilet, many people are rubbing their hips on the wall (narrow room and all...), it's not damaging the wall, but rubbing the paint so that you can notice it. I'm thinking of putting tile half way up to help with that. My dilema is colors. Our house is a Cape Cod, we have very traditional (colonial style) tastes. The rest of the downstairs will be in the buff (yellow) family. The bath is off a hall with wood floors, and across from the kitchen (have not decided on flooring for the kitchen when it's done). I'm open to using the same flooring in bath and kitchen. I'm thinking white tile with blue above. Brown cabinet? White? Perhaps a darker grey or brown flooring? The smallest room to be done, but somehow the hardest! Thanks for input!
Kevin Retired Decorator
I would use a white tile in large 12"-18" squares on the floor and subway tile on the walls 30"s up then use a deep red on the top half. I would paint the vanity white with silver handles then add a really decorative silver mirror over the sink to give a powder room feel. And white monogrammed towels.
1 Like   April 13, 2013 at 11:57PM
Kevin Retired Decorator
A mirror like this from homedecorators.com
0 Likes   April 14, 2013 at 12:04AM
Ed
Carol, based on your description of the basic layout, I have the exact same powder room. :) For our remodel, I removed the cabinet and counter top, and will install a pedestal sink instead. Downside is less storage (no more cabinet), upside is it more space, it feels more open. Please post photos. :)
1 Like   April 14, 2013 at 4:33AM
Need help with location of 1/2 bath on first floor
We are not happy with our current placement of the...
bsegalla1
Help! Want to convert 1st floor coat closet into 1/2 bath- tough job?
I have a design dilemma. Currently our 1/2 bath is...
esamenuk
need floor plan for simple 1/2 bath, laundry room, mud area combo
Happy to use a utility sink for the only sink in the...
shortbath
Need help with my 8 1/2 X 12 1/2 family room
Does have a bay window which is the only window in...
shelley068
jlrickett
What's your favourite Christmas tradition?
From hanging stockings to bon-bons, cooking a glazed...
HouzzAU
bedroom ideass
any ideas for decorating a small black and silver room...
myperfectadvice
Dining Room/No Room for Sideboard
The width of my dining room won't support a server/buffet/sideboard....
katomommy
Meghann
Help for my Kitchen
Hi, My husband and I have recently renovated our...
anasuyah