Interior design question
Danielle Pugliese Houser
April 7, 2013
Hello
I would love some suggestions for the wall space under the art . I currently have a telescope because we have a view home . We are going to have some thing made custom . I am thinking a console table?
anne dee
being as that spot is near a window you could anchor the art with a plant in a nice round tall ceramic pot
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:04PM
nataliekarj
My vote is for a plant.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:12PM
carolins
What a nice room.

I wouldn't put any furniture there, but search for a much larger painting that would cover more of the wall.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:16PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
Thanks for the tips! I have lots of large succulent containers on the deck that attaches to the sliders.
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:18PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
Funny you should say that Carolins ... Unfortunately there was a mistake when I purchased it from an art gallery ... I love it ... But you are right it needs to make a statement and be larger . It gets lost there . ...
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:20PM
carolins
Would it fit on the wall above the chair?
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:26PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
That was the original spot ... But I felt like it would be fighting against the stone fireplace ...
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:28PM
Gabberts Design Studio
It's hard to tell from the photo how much space you have in that corner. I would suggest an accent chair and side table if there is enough room. It would make a nice grouping with the telescope.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:29PM
carolins
Hmm... if it doesn't feel right, it must be wrong ;-)

I've just did something sacrilegious and copied the painting, but just to show how it would look if you did go for a larger painting. Or even more art and create an art wall?
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:36PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
That's great !!! I am thinking if selling it and purchasing a larger one ....
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 1:17PM
carolins
Good luck with that. Although if you really love the painting... is there no other space in your house where it would be a nice addition?
Whatever you do... will you please keep us posted of the changes you'll make to this corner of your room?
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 1:20PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
Unfortunately most of the house has windows because of view.. Not much wall space... I will keep u posted! I also like gabberts design idea about accent table and chair . Here is a close up of the space.
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 1:31PM
carolins
Gosh... I'm only slightly jealous.... ;-) Gorgeous!

You could also consider putting a tall and interesting bookcase there. I was thinking that a console table or a chair and table will make the room look a bit stark (not sure if that's the right word). Too many horizontal lines.

But it will again affect the space of your painting (other side of the wall?)

Sapien Bookcase

Or a couple of these BOOKshelves that you can also put interesting ceramic object on (in keeping with the art theme)
Conceal Book Shelf

Equilibrium
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 1:39PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
I totally agree with the horizontal lines ... They are all over the house . I need something vertical esp because it is next to the other entertaintment piece . It's too close
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 1:57PM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
I forgot the floor lamp by fireplace covers the other wall space
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 2:12PM
I can't tell what the painting is, but if it can be hung vertically instead of horizontally, then get it framed with a wide linen liner and a good sized frame and it should be just the right size. BTW, I think it's hung too high.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 2:18PM
brody1313
I think you have enough furniture in the room.....I would do one large piece of art, or complimentary pieces of art stacked as shown...........enjoy
1 Like    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 2:21PM
rod handler
Frame the art appropriately and hang above fireplace. I think a big plant (fiddle leaf fig or fishtail palm) would fill the space nicely, and soften the view.
I would orient the seating toward the view, and not a giant television. It looks like a huge black hole in the room
    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 2:21PM
Long Island Mantel/Island ArtScreen
If the flatscreen interferes with the design or style of the room, did you ever consider a ArtScreen by Island ArtScreen. The ArtScreen conceals the flatscreen while the flatscreen is not in use.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 3:06PM
intoolearnin
Stunning house! Great colors. You did a great job.... Would love to see pictures of the rest of the house!
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 11:10PM
intoolearnin
I think I may be seeing a floor heater next to your painting, if that is the case, you dont want to cover it up. May I suggest a larger painting and a fake plant on the floor that can be easly moved when you are in use of your heater?
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 11:28PM
lfraser
For ease, I too like the idea of a larger bolder painting on that wall. But I'm wondering if moving the chair from right to left would be an option ?? & replace the chair with maybe a small table & plant ?? Or put floating shelves &/or photos on the wall facing the sectional & Relocate the lamp? Though I really do like what you have going on in that corner right now - just thinking out loud.....
    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 5:55AM
Danielle Pugliese Houser
i love these floating shelves!!! thanks for all the help :) stay tuned for more pics. I put a fiddle leaf fig in that corner and I love it!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 9:19AM
Interior design questions
Love this kitchen and whole house! What materials are...
cgo87
andreavalero
Interior design question
When displaying a crystal decanter and glAss set in...
abaladi3
Dining room curtains
Love the curtains. Can you tell where they came from?...
tacgj
Rug
Where can I get this rug?
tacgj
Ideas for paint colors and accent wall
Hello, I have attached pictures of my model home...
luvmalife
I need a new rug for this room...
Room is about 12.5" x 12.5". I need a rug that will...
Debbie
Help needed with a 1970's bathroom
This 1970's bathroom needs a fresh coat of paint and...
veronc
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats