Opinions on color choices in Kitchen
Meg
we will be using Maple cabinets with a praline finish, and blue pearl granite countertops. does this backsplash go? also, any recommendations for ceramic tile flooring. largish kitchen/breakfast room 20x20 but want to make sure it doesn't look dark. sorry no room pics, new build.
DIAspoton
the colors work theorectically. however both tile and granite choices look quite busy and dark. wouldn't be my 1st choice.
how about a large SS tile backsplash. OR some people on here have raved about silver back painted glass.
April 7, 2013 at 4:32PM     
I think they look quite beautiful together.
April 7, 2013 at 4:33PM     
nancy22032
Love your colors. Since your countertop looks a little dark, you could use white tile backsplash with scattered blue tiles set in. That would look more individual - I always like to have something a little different than the neighbors.
April 7, 2013 at 4:34PM   
tennisanyone
I agree with DIAspoton, the colors are off. Too much red in the cabinets to go with the blue in the stone. Not my first choice either. I would change one or the other.
April 7, 2013 at 4:37PM   
Meg
At this point I can only change the backsplash. I think the cabinet color is browner in actuality but I can see what you are saying. Thanks for the help. If I don't use a backsplash right away what color paint and floor do you suggest?
April 7, 2013 at 4:43PM   
Southern Patina Interiors
I agree the backsplash is pretty dark. Maybe a carrera subway tile from Lowes can tie the charcoal counter and bring in some brightness to the backsplash.
April 7, 2013 at 6:52PM   
nancy22032
I would pick out the very lightest shade of blue in your counter top to paint the kitchen. The luminous pearl glass tile backsplash material would brighten up your kitchen and not complete with the countertop colors.
April 12, 2013 at 1:52AM   
dezign4u2
Blend well. If you have plenty of light in the kitchen go for it. Personally, I love dark. Our entire new home is dark other than the trim. I love it. If I could change one thing, it would have been to add more lights for those times I do wish to brighten an area. We have a dark granite similar to yours but brown. I originally wanted a darker back splash, but finally caved and went with lighter. What we chose was a tumbled marble by oracle stone. It was silverado grey. We did a a subway pattern throughout except for a recessed niche area above our stove. Look into it...it would look GREAT with your granite. Good luck!
April 12, 2013 at 4:47AM   
dezign4u2
One more thing...my sister and brother in law have your exact granite and they did a dark mosaic back splash in their kitchen. Their cabinets are also darker and they have medium-dark wood floor. The whole ensemble is not too dark at all. Looks great together.
April 12, 2013 at 4:49AM   
Murals and More Decor
I understand why you chose this particular backsplash material as it seems that the color of the cabinets are picked up in the material. However, I agree with others above when you combine them both with the counter top, it does not pull together quite right. Create a focal point with your backsplash. Can you post some room shots of your kitchen? I have attached a pic of a glass backsplash. Not necessarily the right image/Color for you, but worked great for this client.
April 12, 2013 at 5:02AM   
ClassicTimeless Kitchen -Opinions on what choices makes it Classic
I would love some help in what you feel would make...
Kitchen flooring... opinions needed on color!
We a remodeling our kitchen -- new cabinets (maple...
Any suggestions on a lighting fixture?
This is my powder room in which I love the wallpaper...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Need Help Finalizing My Kitchen/Nook
Hi Houzz! I am moving into our new build home and...
What should I do for window treatments? And additional lighting?
I'm torn between wood blinds or roman shades with some...
Updating Entry Way
We moved into a furnished home and need help with updating...