Need help with new apartment layout
totumdependeate
April 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
the attached image is a rough sketch I just drew up. Sorry if it's horrible.
I've been trying to figure out where and how to setup this place to make it nice for a week and haven't bought any furniture just because I have no idea what i'm doing. Please help.

I've made a layout with the actual wall sizes on this website http://mydeco.floorplanner.com/3d-design/apt/4454999/
Please click on "open this 3D design" to see the top down view. You can select walls for the actual length.

The length of the walls are very close to accurate. The counter/bar/island is flat with double sink. I know if the door was on the other side of the window, this would be rather simple but I'm renting so moving a door is not possible.

I was thinking of putting my TV next to the counter facing the long wall but with the sink being right there, that's not possible with water splashing.

I haven't bought any furniture as of yet other than my bed room stuff and TV which is currently sitting on the floor. I am on somewhat of a budget but if I can get an idea of a good layout I would be grateful. the area near the fridge has a chandelier so it's obviously setup for a dining area, however the last tenant seems to have run the cable to that wall near the fridge. I'd rather not be on the open side the of the kitchen if possible but maybe separate the fridge with a book shelf or something ?

Thank you for helping.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
rinqreation
Start with a 2.5 or 3 seat couch, two or three (round wooden) stools that can be used as coffeetables too and a dinet set with 4 chairs and an extendable table. I took your layout and placed a low bookcase in front of the island, imagine the tv in there (splashing tv impossible). I also placed a wide full height closet unit next to your fridge, imagine a small home office behind the middle door and plenty of storage, so the rest of the space can be tidy and calm. Extra folding chairs are great for seating guests. Pick whites, neutrals, metal and wood, add color with the decorations. Enjoy your new home!
April 8, 2013 at 2:43am     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
totumdependeate
thanks!. I've already started to look for a bookcase/tv stand to go next to the bar. The height of the bar is only 3 ft. and the width has to be less than 1.5 feet so it doesn't go into door way.
I like the extra storage near the fridge with the work area as well. thank again.
April 8, 2013 at 6:00pm