Media furniture

kakiedApril 8, 2013
Need help choosing furniture for components for new wall mounted flat screen 55 inch tv. Would like something in white.
kakied
Large armoire going out...putting flat screen on wall. What should I put under it...how big? How should I decorate the rest of that wall?
    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 6:08PM
Organize Don't Agonize
Do you have another picture of the whole area?
    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 6:14PM
kakied
Looking down at tv room from living room.
    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 6:39PM
kakied
View from dining room, leading into tv room. Armoire going, coffee table going up to living room, not sure what to do with wall after flat screen added.
    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 6:46PM
Organize Don't Agonize
Since there is a "window" looking into the other room, I wouldn't put anything tall and bulky in that area. A lower longer piece like in the picture I've attached, would work well in the space. You can mount the TV just above it or put it on it. And it has the traditional lines to match the rest of your space.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 7:01PM
kakied
I love that piece! Do you know dimensions and price and where it comes from. Thank you!
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 6:10AM
Organize Don't Agonize
Yes....Here is the link: http://www.furnitureoutletworld.com/White_Home_Entertainment_Centers/69904-p1.html
That is the price for the whole piece.....If that is out of your budget, shop around but I think it's great for your space! Let me know if I can help in any other way :)
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 6:44AM
Organize Don't Agonize
Please check me out on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Organize-Dont-Agonize/352456578192745?ref=stream
and my website at: www.organizedontagonize.com
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 6:45AM
kakied
It is a bit out of budget. I found a very plain piece at Pottery Barn Outlet, not sure if too small & plain, dimensions...58 inches long, 18 wide, 26 high. Would prefer longer to add vase or objects on side to give height and depth to space around tv. Perhaps i can find white table/cabinet to go next to it. I will try to attac picture from my email or phone.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 7:14AM
michigammemom
Take a look at Ballards for a variety of consoles and buffets that can double as flat screen media cabinets. Alternatively, you might consider purchasing a vintage buffet that you can paint as desired.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 7:23AM
kakied
Is this piece from Pottery Barn too plain? It is about the length of the tv and 26 inches high
1 Like    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 7:52AM
Organize Don't Agonize
It is a little contemporary for your space and I would suggest going taller on the height. what is your budget? I'll look around online for you.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:15AM
Organize Don't Agonize
Also, what size is the TV?
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:16AM
Organize Don't Agonize
This one from Pottery Barn is a better choice for your space, I would opt for the "Large" size
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/winslow-drawers-small-media-stand/?pkey=e|antique%2Bwhite%2Bmedia%2Bcenter|133|best|0|1|24||5&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-
1 Like    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:31AM
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 8:37AM
nikitasmom
I know you said you wanted white but I saw this and loved it for its sleek functional simplicity. http://www.cymax.com/Global-Furniture-USA-84-Inch-TV-Cabinet-in-Mahogany-722TV-M.htm
again, not white but it has a ventless fireplace which looks good in the pic http://www.cymax.com/Real-Flame-The-Hudson-Ventless-Gel-Fireplace-and-Entertainment-Center-in-Black-Finish-4100-B.htm
One more in white but it is only 60"
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 10:15AM
For flat screen, long media center with large flat screen 50" or bigger. Fill wall and floor space with tall palms silk in nice pots. No need to put any thing else on wall. No clutter, is the way to go.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 10:34AM
kakied
Organize, Don't Agonize, I like the Promanade from TVStandshowcase. What color is the finish on top? If I enlarge it looks black, but it doesn't say anything about black in the description. It would look great in my room if it is white with beige or tan top.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:01PM
kakied
I am trying to decide between 50 and 55 inch. My "media man" who isn't pushy thinks I should go with 55. I would probably tend to go down at least to 50 if not 46. He says 46 is too small for room.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:04PM
kakied
I didn't like the more modern choices from nikitasmom but thanks for helping. I do like the no clutter suggestion.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:05PM
Organize Don't Agonize
I called the company for you, the finish on the top is a rich brown :) It will look beautiful in your space.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:17PM
kakied
Thank ODA. You are so kind & so helpful! I can handle brown, I didn't want another color, black, added. I am strongly considering this one.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:30PM
Organize Don't Agonize
My pleasure....just let me know if you need anything else! If you could in return like my Facebook page I would very much appreciate that! Thank you :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organize-Dont-Agonize/352456578192745?ref=br_rs
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:36PM
Organize Don't Agonize
Hi! I was just checking back to see how you made out?
    Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 7:47PM
Custom Home Planning Center
build the screen into the wall between the rooms. There is enough space to set up a sliding screen door and to conceal the speakers as well as reducing the light the room a necessary function of this rooms changing use. It also gives you a new wall for bookcases and display space in both rooms
    Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 8:09PM
Need help with my square living/dining room w/ fireplace!
Well, i'm really having problems with the furniture...
Vera Barradas
living room redo/layout help
hello, I have been a reader for awhile now and have...
dbellisario
need ideas for two story wall in family room
positioned big screen on media furniture on the wall added...
lindanuccio
Media question?
Where can you buy this Media wall furniture?
darci812
Living room help
Need help with wall behind this couch Couch is tweed...
Diane Maher
Please help with master bedroom on a BUDGET!
I posted na week or so ago but think in my post was...
jturner2urf
Need sugegstion on master bath space
We are remodelling our house and have a closet next...
neelamagarwal
Kitchen light - should finish of pendants match hardware?
Hello, My kitchen drawers & cabinets have handles...
asilberlevitt