Theresa of Tn
theresaruth
I am remodeling my Kitchen and confused as to select solid wood White painted cabinets or wood stain. My floor is Medium Gunstocks oak and appliances will be Stainless Steel. The kitchen will open to Great room with White molding and trim. Nit sure what us best not only for now but future resale.
Kevin Retired Decorator
I think when you have wood floors & white trim that white cabinets look best. It's classic. If you have a island it looks sharp to do a accent color on it like black or something to tie i with your colors. Black always looks nice though and adds richness to a room.
April 9, 2013 at 12:09am     
April 9, 2013 at 3:30am     
carolins
Hi Theresa,
based on your ideabook I'd say white painted cabinets. It's a classic combination. If you're worried about resale, I wouldn't go for very detailed cabinets. Not everyone likes that.
I always think that these are gorgeous kitchens, even though it is not my style (I like more modern), but if I were to buy a house that had this kitchen in it... I would be very happy :-) And they would appeal to people who like the more classic style to.

The Heglar's Kitchen
Classical Kitchen
Woodinville Retreat
Various Work
April 9, 2013 at 3:39am     
Kevin Retired Decorator
@Ed just a FYI 2 or more maybe of the kitchens you posted don't have a natural wood they are stained woods. I noticed you mentioned a cherry cabinet on another houzz comment you called natural. Stained woods are not natural. Natural wood looks like fresh cut wood and then varnished in a clear coat. Most all natural woods have the same unfinished look. As seen in lumber yards. You can google this to learn more.
April 9, 2013 at 7:01am   
Madeline
@carolins. What a wonderful selection of beautiful kitchens. I could "live" in any one of them, most especially the Classical and the Retreat! But then again it's not my "dilemma" nor my money which is sadly lacking in our household. Nice work! @theresaruth. Good luck!
April 9, 2013 at 9:33am     
carolins
@Madeline: yes they are gorgeous, but the woodville retreat would never look as neat and clean if it were me living there. Nor would any of the others actually ;-)
April 9, 2013 at 10:08am   
Can it be done
I bought some outdoor lights and got them home and...
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
Master bath
Im having a hard time deciding what tile to use in...