blue paint to go with terra cotta tile
eileenemison
Looking to repaint our mudroom. The floor is 12x12 Terra Cotta tile. I would like to choose a color to complement the tile - preferably something dark enough to conceal the scuff marks the kids seem to leave all over the walls. The mud room opens in to the kitchen (photo attached - the door in the photo leads into the mudroom) so my initial thought was to select a blue color for the walls. Any suggestions on a pretty blue to go with terra cotta? I would be open to colors other than blue so long as they would be pleasing from the kitchen. Thanks!
Karen Smuland Architect, LLC
Why not a similar dark blue to the area next to the refrigerator? Must be the dining room?
April 9, 2013 at 7:19AM   
bluenan
Put white beadboard in the mudrooom about 2/3's up the wall and paint with semi-gloss paint that is durable and scrubbable for the kids. It will tie in the white of the kitchen and paint the wall on top of the beadboard a blue/grey that compliments the tile back splash.
April 9, 2013 at 7:39AM   
bluenan
Like this...
April 9, 2013 at 7:51AM   
bluenan
Darker colors on the wall tend to burnish when rubbed and are almost impossible to touch-up. When kids lean against the wall to take off their shoes and walk along touching the wall like kids do, a darker paint will take a beating. Wood beadboard is virtually indestructible.
April 9, 2013 at 8:02AM   
2 different colors and styles of kitchen cabinets...
I was wondering if having 2 different colors and styles...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Our new animal hospital
I recently purchased an animal hospital and I want...
what color should I paint this cabin on a river.
I want it to look cottagy, I was thinking dark blue...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...