blue paint to go with terra cotta tile
eileenemison
April 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Looking to repaint our mudroom. The floor is 12x12 Terra Cotta tile. I would like to choose a color to complement the tile - preferably something dark enough to conceal the scuff marks the kids seem to leave all over the walls. The mud room opens in to the kitchen (photo attached - the door in the photo leads into the mudroom) so my initial thought was to select a blue color for the walls. Any suggestions on a pretty blue to go with terra cotta? I would be open to colors other than blue so long as they would be pleasing from the kitchen. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Karen Smuland Architect, LLC
Why not a similar dark blue to the area next to the refrigerator? Must be the dining room?
April 9, 2013 at 7:19AM   
bluenan
Put white beadboard in the mudrooom about 2/3's up the wall and paint with semi-gloss paint that is durable and scrubbable for the kids. It will tie in the white of the kitchen and paint the wall on top of the beadboard a blue/grey that compliments the tile back splash.
April 9, 2013 at 7:39AM   
bluenan
Like this...
April 9, 2013 at 7:51AM   
bluenan
Darker colors on the wall tend to burnish when rubbed and are almost impossible to touch-up. When kids lean against the wall to take off their shoes and walk along touching the wall like kids do, a darker paint will take a beating. Wood beadboard is virtually indestructible.
April 9, 2013 at 8:02AM   
More Discussions
2 different colors and styles of kitchen cabinets...
I was wondering if having 2 different colors and styles...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Our new animal hospital
I recently purchased an animal hospital and I want...
what color should I paint this cabin on a river.
I want it to look cottagy, I was thinking dark blue...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™