Need help with my kitchen

louf34April 8, 2013
I have a small kitchen and not a lot of space, so I have this cabinet that's angled and I would like to use it as a lazy Susan where the draws pull out so its easier to reach in the back and don't have to get on my hand and knees to find something. How do I go about it?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oneofeleven
I think Ikea may have something to help you. I too have a small kitchen and they have a lot of kitchen products to help keep everything organized. For example, I see you have a spice rack on the counter. You can buy some metallic paint for the inside of your cupboard door (preferably upper) and attach the jars by their lids. Ikea has metal rods that can be mounted under the cupboards and utensils hung from hooks.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 9:30PM
PRO
Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
You will need a cabinet maker. First they will remove the existing interior shelf and cabinet door. The lazy susan insert will come with the door attached so that it swings integral with the lazy susan. The rod that the lazy suzy rotates on will have to be attached to the base of the inside of the cabinet. The new cabinet doors will need to be stained to match the color of existing cabinets and hardware pulls installed. (Cabinet maker may be able to down size existing doors to fit on rotating lazy susan depending on the door details.)
    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 10:30PM
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Actually...if you visit Rev-a-Shelf online you can purchase "Super Susan" parts. They will sit on the existing shelves and use the existing doors. If the opening is too small to get the parts in without taking off the counter tops(!) Removing the middle shelf and installing a kidney shaped lazy susan will make the doors reusable. Funny...I had a long argument with my sister about lazy susans and this type of cabinet...she WANTED to get on her knees and go through the cabinet....nearly killed me to make the cabinet for her....I like lazy susans!
1 Like    Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 11:08PM