help with guest/sons bathroom
ellieo3
My son is 4 and his bathroom is also guest bathroom. It's a disaster of kid color blue with heavy tile. Can someone suggest something to help this room look larger, brighter and fit both needs? PLEASE!!
rcpayton08
Is that blue or a dark gray? Id start with a neutral shower curtain in a solid, maybe even just white. I cant see the color of the floor tile well, but maybe pull a wall color from there? Im buying a house with the guest bathroom doubling as a 6 year old's bathroom as well so am curious to see the suggestions offered here. It's a nice looking bathroom overall, I think.
April 9, 2013 at 9:09AM   
ellieo3
Wall color is a light blue but washed out in pic. I tried to make it kid friendly with the stripes in curtain, but now it just looks a mess! I tried a white cloth curtain (from target) and b/c of the small room looked like a hospital patient room. All white was overwhelming... I hope that helps save u a trip to target!
April 9, 2013 at 9:17AM   
Cathy DiVello
From the photo, it looks like the cabinet is off-white while the fixtures are bright white. If so, I'd paint the cabinet (and the trim around the door) bright white. I like the red accent towels and the striped shower curtain. I'd repaint the walls. A very light gray maybe?
April 9, 2013 at 9:45AM   
0825sam
I like the shower curtain, but I don't think it is working with the color of your tiles - they both seem to have brown tones as opposed to a cooler grey tone and something seems off. I would paint your vanity a bright white as suggested above, and use bright white towels and fluffy floor mats.
What do you think of this kind of shower curtain? Appropriate for a little boy but adult enough for a guest bathroom. And I think it ties in the colors of the tiles.
A paint color that is between grey and tan (like a light coffee) is Pittsburgh Paints Moth Grey. I have it in a room in my house and I think it could work in your bathroom with the tiles, white trim and a curtain pulling those colors together. http://www.pbteen.com/products/regatta-patchwork-shower-curtain/?pkey=cshower-curtains&cm_src=shower-curtains||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-
April 9, 2013 at 10:11AM   
annmarie2
Do you still have the white shower curtain? Could you find wide grosgrain ribbon the color of the accent tiles and create a large square on the curtain? That way it looks custom without the custom price, and doesn't look like a hospital curtain!
April 9, 2013 at 10:17AM   
ellieo3
@sam0705 I will try the wall color and repainting the base of sink. I just bought the curtain from west elm $50 and hate to buy another one:( do you think leaving the curtain open would help or hurt the appearance? West elm has towels that are white with the gray stripe at bottom. I also think a towel rack will clean up lines better than the hanging towels. Thoughts?
April 9, 2013 at 10:52AM   
0825sam
I like it partially closed. The curtain is on houzz - there are some photos of bathrooms with the curtain that I think you can view from the product page. Maybe that can give you some ideas. I agree about the towel racks but I think just plain white towels might be more fresh since it's not a big space and there are a lot of tiles.

I do like the shower curtain but in case it doesn't work out in the end this is an inexpensive one from target that I think would also work with your colors. Not necessarily 4 year old décor but I think you could add some nice framed black and white photos of your son at the beach or something to make it more his. http://www.target.com/p/threshold-ikat-mix-shower-curtain/-/A-14438640#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton
April 9, 2013 at 10:59AM   
What do I need to do with this space?
Just got the Farm House table, bench, and hutch for...
Please help me with my lighting!
I know, duplicate post, but forgot to add pics and...
You spilled WHAT? WHERE?
I'm always horrified at the notion of spilling something...
wood floors
Looking for engineered hardwood floors that is real...