how do i match this tile?
winnifredApril 9, 2013
What paint color could I possibly match to this pink and mauve tile?
energygirl7
You should check out retrorenovation.com. They have lots of ideas for retro pink bathrooms.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:24PM
A. Peltier Interiors
I have a retro bathroom and it really isn't about 'matching' it but working with it. You actually have a descent color combo, so start with a shower curtain that has a great colorful pattern to it that 'goes' with your colors. It could be floral and have lots of color but it needs to look good with the colors on the tile. Then you can add the towels to coordinate and also artwork. Usually in the end doing a very light creamy or almost white wall is the best way to balance out all that color as well, although grey can work. In the end just have fun with it and you'll end up with a pulled together space.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:26PM
In theory it should be a green or blue that would negate the colour, but I don't trust the theory in this case. If you were not to go for a cream (or the grey that was applied by this design company) which seems most logical, you could go all out and match the deep red in the tile.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:33PM
houssaon
Love this tile. I would go with a lighter shade of the pink tile on the walls. Also, hang the shower curtain at the same level as the tile or slightly lower.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:35PM
michigammemom
I would suggest a funky shower curtain that plays up the pink like this floral from Urban Outfitters while going white on the walls for a clean, fresh look.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:40PM
Amy Stanley
You could pull the darker color onto the walls and use an all white shower curtain to tie in the white vanity and shelf. I agree the shower curtain needs to come down lower. Honestly I think the stripe curtain may be what is throwing your whole room off now, you could try changing just that to something that ties the gray and two pinks together and I think you will be much happier.
    Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:45PM
paint dilemma in my living room and small open kitchen
thats my living room plus open kitchen,veery small.Please...
gracael
I have a very large Foyer and Im not quite sure how to decorate it.
I have this very large foyer and Im not sure how to...
Danielle Johnson
kcpotter@shaw.ca
I am looking for 'curb appeal' for the front of our...
kellypotter
Need help cheering up a dark kitchen
I got such good ideas on my tiny bathroom, now I present...
domesticimpostor
Desperately needing curb appeal help!
This is the front of our house. Lots of flagstone...
kwesselman